close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who makes these magazine extensions??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zibby43, Apr 13, 2012.

1. zibby43

zibby43

I obtained some factory Glock 9mm mags from a buddy of mine and they came with magazine extensions installed.

It looks like with the 31+ rounder on the right, the extension (stamped with Glock and the "+" symbol) is a factory Glock extension.

What about the two "+2"-stamped extensions on the left on the 15-rounders? Are these factory Glock or something else, and if something else, what?

Edit: The "+2" extensions have some wiggle/play. If these aren't factory or quality parts - I'll replace them ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

PIC:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

They certainly aren't made by Glock. First guess would be Korean or Chinese made copies.

As they don't have a hole in the bottom, I would not expect to find a retainer inside them.

They might be OK for range practice, but I sure would not trust them.

3. zibby43

zibby43

That's what I thought. They look and feel like crap compared to the Glock factory extension.

Thanks for the info sir. Now to the next question, how do I get these damn things off?

EDIT: Pried off the turds with a flat-head. Thanks again for the notice.

4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

What is exactly is a toxic tort?

5. DANDYKILL47

DANDYKILL47

Haha! That's what I was wondering:dunno:!

6. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

It's a small cake that has gone bad. :supergrin::rofl::rofl:

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I have some that look like those for my 22. I got them from CDNN for $2.00 each and they work fine at the range. I was a little leery of them popping off fully loaded, but they haven't failed yet.

But I don't trust them enough to have fully loaded and accidentally drop them, as I think the extension will jar loose and send rounds scattering.

Range gun = fine.
    Carry gun = not a chance

8. zibby43

zibby43

Torts are generally personal injury lawsuits in the civil context (examples: civil claims for trespassing, battery, assault, negligence, etc.).

With the toxic torts claims, the claims allege that exposure to a chemical/drug/etc. caused the plaintiff's injury or disease.

Example: Asbestosis or mesothelioma personal injury claims brought by workers exposed to asbestos fibers.

Another example: Anti-nausea drugs administered to woman during pregnancy which later result in enhanced risk for certain type of cancer in the daughters of the mothers who used the drugs.

That's the 2-second version.

9. zibby43

zibby43

As a collateral matter, since I pried all of these cheap-o extensions off, the only thing I had lying around in terms of spare base plates were Pearce extensions designed for the Glock 26. They seemed to fit just fine on the 15-rounders. Will they be good to go?

It's weird because with one of the mags (never been loaded), the mag spring feels like the lightest Glock spring I've ever encountered. Very easy to load the mag.

10. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

I wonder if someone yanked the spring out of a Korean mag and swapped it out on you? :dunno:

11. tacops5372

tacops5372

If the spring is super weak, just order a new one with some oem base plates. Heck i've seen them here in the classifieds a time or to...

12. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't use those mags for anything but range practice, personally. Whatever base plate is on them.

13. zibby43

zibby43

I would be super pissed. I got a 31+ rounder with the Glock factory extension in the deal. It is 100% OEM and functions flawlessly.

I also got 3 Glock factory OEM 15 rounders with Korea's finest for the extensions. I slipped a spare OEM base plate on one of the 15 rounders and the spring on that mag was nice and tight.

I put a G26 Pearce extension on the second 15 rounder (because it seemed to fit and I wanted an additional functioning magazine) and the spring in the second magazine is noticeably weaker.

The third magazine is sitting in my closet without a base plate because alas, I have no more spares. We'll see how the spring in that one feels once I get it put together.

Good advice. Thank you.

The mags are 100% Glock. I agree regarding the extensions though. I pried them off with a flat head screwdriver and played around with them a bit. They were made of very cheap and flimsy plastic. They're in the trash now.

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd get a new spring just to be sure

15. zibby43

zibby43

Better to be safe than sorry.

Say, if I'm able to snap some pics of the magazine bodies, do you think you could verify that they are 100% OEM because now you've got some doubt creeping in hah.

16. zibby43

zibby43

Real Glock mags?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I would say they all look factory to me. I have 2 ATI mags and they have no Glock logo on them. Just the caliber mark.

18. zibby43

zibby43

Thank you sir.

The 15 rounder with the Pearce extension that I installed has the "weaker" spring. I just temporarily put a floor plate on the 15 rounder with the spring sticking out and the tension was good in that one. So 3 of 4 now are GTG but the Pearce extension-equipped one definitely has a noticeably weaker spring.

Just want to say thanks again for all of those who took the time to contribute to this thread. I really do appreciate it.

19. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

no problem. The ATI mags I have also have mold lines on them. and in .40 don't drop free.

20. DFin

DFin

Those extensions are a toxic tort.