Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Colt Delta Elite and I am looking for some high quality target sights. Wondering what you guys were using. This particular gun is for target/range duty only. Wondering what my options were for adjustable target sights. Everything I am reading here and elsewhere is "tactical" and "night sight", etc.. What sights do folks use that are trying to make one jagged hole on a Sunday afternoon?

-Dan

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
If you don't want any mill work, the choices are limited. PSI is one that will fit the factory dovetail.

If you don't mind milling the slide, the choices are plentiful.

Bomar and LPA make good adjustable rear sights, and Novak has an adjustable that is a bit smaller overall.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

I am sending the gun to Robar for some custom work and refinish. Plan on having them install the sights while they got it.

-Dan

·
I need AMMO!
2,521 Posts
I have LPA rear sights on my Safari Arms Cohort and like them.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
There are no more real Bomars, the makers all deceased, but there are numerous copies.

An old time target pistol would have a Bomar or similar in the GI dovetail and a tall, tall front sight to match. It doesn't look waykewelninjaswatoperatorish but it would cost less than having the slide machined for a low mount and serve just as well for actually aiming the gun. Style points would be negative and resale value poor, though.

·
Banned
18,886 Posts
Got a Colt Delta Elite and I am looking for some high quality target sights. Wondering what you guys were using. This particular gun is for target/range duty only. Wondering what my options were for adjustable target sights. Everything I am reading here and elsewhere is "tactical" and "night sight", etc.. What sights do folks use that are trying to make one jagged hole on a Sunday afternoon?

-Dan

These Meprolight adjustable night sights would need to be dovetailed in, but Robar couls handle that.
http://www.meprolight.com/default.a...&itemid={A410B103-CB60-4089-93F2-7C08A01AA04D}

·
INFRINGED
42,217 Posts
Damn, I didn't know that.

I could have sworn that the current Colt Gold Cups' rear sights had "Bomar" on them. Must be a company that bought out the old Bomar?
Kensight or Kensight copies of the Ellison.
There were two different Bomars. One that was low mount, one that was mounted on the slide without milling it. I would imagine that Kensight makes a copy of the one that will fit without modification to the slide.

The front sight may not match though.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Helpful and germane?

Nope, but truly pitiful.
I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart for making fun of your dainty hands.

I will take back everything I say about your dainty hands.

Please go ahead and take cheap shots at me from now on. I promise, cross my heart, that I won't make personal insults against you any more. Truly, my word on it.

Take all your pot shots at me whenever you wish.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys got some serious issues.

Thanks for the gun sight suggestions. Once I figure this out, I can send the gun to Robar.

-Dan

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Well, you don't need night sights to make holes on Sunday afternoon.
Although you COULD get the old style high mount sights I described, you would probably be happier with low mount Bomar TYPE rear sight and a correct height post front sight.
If you shoot at irregular targets a fibre optic or gold bead front will help but if you shoot at good clear bullseyes - the best way to get that "one ragged hole" - then plain black is best.
Going to cost about $300 at Robar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.