close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who makes Glock Night Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 32Special, Apr 7, 2006.

1. 32Special

32Special

I tried to order a set of Meprolight night sights today, and was told that nobody was able to get Mepros currently. Supposedly, the last batch of Mepros imported had some quality issues and were all rejected. So I ordered a set of Glock night sights from CDNN for $59, supposedly new production. I've seen Glock sights before that I thought were Mepros. Anyone know if Mepro makes the current Glock night sights?

2. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

The real question is "Who doesn't make Glock night sights?" Ameriglo, Mepro, Trijicon, XS, Heine... the list is long. I prefer Trijicons and Heine sights, myself. Trijicon for the traditional "3 across" sight picture, Heine for the "straight 8" picture.

3. jeffm1000

jeffm1000

He's asking who manufactures glock factory night sights rather than the different brands of sights that you can get for glocks. Sorry if I'm reading it wrong.

4. Vigilant

Vigilant

I just ordered a set of Mepro Tru Dots from GlocksterPaulie, a member in good standing and a first-class gentleman. Let's just say that his service is 'above and beyond', and his price for the yellow/green Tru Dots compares 'very favorably' with CDNN's price for green/green Glock night sights. Jerry is the one to deal with at CDNN, but I check with Paulie before I buy.

Haven't mounted the sights yet, but they look GREAT in low/limited light, as well as complete darkness.

Kudos, GlocksterPaulie!

Vig

5. 32Special

32Special

Yes, that is correct. I wondered who made Glock Brand night sights for them. I've seen crimped in night sights that I thought were Mepros, but I don't know for sure.

6. JTB

JTB always learning

Its my understanding that Meprolight makes Glock's night sights. Think I saw it on the Making Glocks rock video.

7. 32Special

32Special

I installed the sights yesterday that I bought from CDNN that were advertised as GLOCK brand night sights. The sales rep at CDNN claimed he didn't know who made them. However, they are clearly marked Ameriglo.

These were hard to install, and I've installed maybe a dozen Trijicons and Mepros. The front sight went in perfectly. Rear sight WOULD NOT go into a G19 dovetail using either a sight pusher or a brass punch and hammer. The sides of the sights are vertical instead of slanted like Glock, Mepro, and Trijicon so the sight pusher (marketed by Glockmeister IIRC) didn't fit properly. I had to file off the bottom of the sight to get it to drive in. Rear sight has a tension screw to secure it in the dovetail.

Sight picture resembles Trijicon. Point of impact is about 3-4" high at 50' which is about 1.5" higher than my other guns with Mepros and Trijicon sights. I wouldn't recommend this particular set-up. I bought them because I couldn't find a set of Mepros anywhere. FWIW.

8. ironmind

ironmind

I hear about lots of guys sending guns in to get sights done. It sounds like a retard could put trijicons on a glock. Is it really that easy for a novice to do it accurately?

9. 32Special

32Special

It is easy with a sight pusher. A little trickier with a brass punch and hammer. You need a vise with padded jaws to hold the slide while using the punch/hammer. FWIW.

10. ironmind

ironmind

Thanks< The guy that sold me my Trijicons just installed em for me for free. I haven't given em the range test yet but they look straight to me! I just added +1 extensions yesterday too. Mr Boom is happy right now:supergrin:

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

1. Some people have sent their guns in to Smyrna to get the factory sights on, as the front is staked and best done with the proper tool.
    2. Retards have been known to do all manner of things.
    3. With a sight pusher for the rear, and the normal screw-on front, it is quite easy to install night sights. Don't think you have to fill the front sight hole with Loctite (see #2 above). A tiny dab on the threads will do.

:patriot:

12. ironmind

ironmind

touche:banana: