Glock Talk banner

Who makes a very lightweight AR10?

979 12
I once had a DPMS AP4 308, very accurate, but very heavy. Kinda want another 308 AR, who makes a nice, light weight version? Is the DPMS Gen II the light weight standard, or is there something better?
If the answer is "build one", what components?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Dpms G-II starts around 7.25lbs, Adams Arms was doing one as well about the same weight, as mentions S&W is pretty light too. I seem to recall Mega, possible another company coming out with a light one.

Oh PSA seems to be going the route also with a G2 style with the PX-10 which weighs less than 8lbs

·
NRA Benefactor
6,066 Posts
For price and weight, the S&W MP10 at around 8 lbs is probably a good choice. They use a light barrel, but it still seems to be very accurate for around $1100. All my AR10's are piston so they are at 9lb or more.

PSA makes one for around $600, but they are listed at 10lbs.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
OP

Do your research and look at reviews. Cheap can be very problemsome with the .308
Oh Lordy the truth has been spoken, the problem is that there is no "standard" like there is with it's smaller brethren the AR15 and more like the wild wild west. Would love to see the day that these Gen-2 style small platform become a standard and share the mutual nature of "Mil-Spec" would only benefit us the customer.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I blunder into a DPMS G2 MOE, it's quoted weight is at 7.25, I might have to check it out.

·
Premium Member
42,443 Posts
The G2 has been out for a while now. They are always reviewed rather well. If I were looking for another, I would SERIOUSLY consider it. It’s a great rifle at that price point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.