Who makes a drop down leather holster?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by drider, Nov 11, 2010.

1. drider

drider

hi all,

I remember talking to a range owner before and noticed that he had a drop down leather leg holster. It was not a thigh rig, but it was a leather drop down leather leg holster holding his 1911! I'm not sure if I can describe it better, it was all black leather, probably some 3-4" lower from his waistline and looked very comfortable to carry. Any suggestion? It was not kydex it was leather!

2. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

3. drider

drider

Nice, on the nelson website it says its infected virus site? Any issues with you guys? But it seems like they have what i want!

4. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Hmm, FF reports that as an attack site for me too. I ignored the warning and didn't seem to get anything untoward. But then again I run FF on OS x, so YMMV with Winblows.

It seems that you're basically looking for a Bladetech DOH except in leather. The Nelson's are similar, but more drop and a swivel. Interesting, and I've seen similar in old movies (Deliverance comes to mind) but I really don't see any use for them. I have DOH's and I've removed the drop on all of them, turning them into Stingrays. There's a reason all the HSLD guys are running away from thigh rigs.

5. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

Sorry, nothing on mine about a problem, and my files are updated each day. I just hit the site again and got nothing. Hope it didn't create a problem for you.

6. drider

drider

It is all good, I used a diff internet explorer I just emailed them and they returned my message within one hour! Great service, have you bought any holsters from them?

7. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Bruce Nelson is one of the gods of handgun leathery. Have no worries on that front.

8. mikegun

mikegun

Half the LAPD wears Nelson swivel holsters, hes a stand up guy

9. drider

drider

That is good to know!

10. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

Not in a long time, but they have been in business a long time and are still there, with lots of LEOs wearing their stuff. I've not heard any complaints about them.