close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who likes Glock steel sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jlh2600, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jlh2600

jlh2600 Game Master

I wasn't a fan of the adjustables that came on my 34, so I replaced them with "HiViz" tube, light bright style. I like those alot.

I am looking at a 20, and am trying to decide on whether to go the aftermarket route again. WOuld prefer to keep stock sights, but I know the standard plastic sights are even less desirable than factory adjustables, so that leaves factory night sights, and glock factory steel sights. Am considering the latter because they are not that much more expensive. Thoughts? Considerable upgrade from plastic? Just as "low profile" as stock plastic?

Thanks.

2. Defiler

Defiler Glock 86

What is wrong with plastic sites? What makes steel better than plastic? I haven't had any problems with mine. I didn't even know they were plastic untill I read it here.

3. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson

Under hard use they round off on the corners. I have had a couple of sets that eventually had to be replaced.

I am LE and mine takes some hits when I am clearing buildings and qualifications, though. But even so, if you are serious about training the plastic sights don't stand up to much abuse.

Lance

4. jlh2600

jlh2600 Game Master

YEah I didn't leave them on long enough to see how they held up to holster wear or anything, because I couldn't even handle the sight picture. The front sight (CUBE) was ginormous, and dwarfed bullseyes at longer distances. If you have not noticed a problem then don't worry about it. Nothing "wrong" with them per se. They work well for alot of people. I wasn't so much knocking plastic sights as just asking opinions on steel.