Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next place, I'm gonna hang some pitchers....

.....back in college, when I got kicked outta school, didn't tell my folks, went to Reading area Community Colllege, and got back into school without them knowing......

......I had to go on a field trip for an art class.......

.......I remember walkin around Reading, PA..........and getting nice....

.....and I fell in love with this painting.....

LF8042.jpg

Anyway, if I want to buy a print of it.....what do I want to look for?.....I remember the original being massive......

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
" I'm gonna hang some pitchers...."
Those are relatively hard to hang.
You may want to consider hanging some pictures instead.

To answer your question you may want to search for American landscape painters, most likely nineteenth (possibly eighteenth) century painters.

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

To answer your question you may want to search for American landscape painters, most likely nineteenth century painters.
Its Frederick Church.....American......1890 or something.....I mean......are all prints equal?

The Church estate is in CT.....that's where I plan to ask some Ho to marry me....

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
My taste in art runs more to the bizarre. I would love to hang a large picture of a Klingon Battle Cruiser in the living room right over the couch. My wife was against that.

We have a picture of an eagle flying through the woods instead. Boring.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Not me.

The wife and I were at a 5 star hotel in downtown Minneapolis a few years ago, stayed overnight because of a concert. They fancied themselves sort of an "art gallery". Walking thru the displays, and come across an area with a half dozen lawn and leaf bags full of stuff, in a pile. Just thought "wow, nice place like this and they can't make the effort to get it out to the dumpster?"

Anyway, next morning it's still there. Apparently that was one of the display pieces. I was thinking about charging Waste management to pick up my "art" every Tuesday, pretty sure they would decline my offer.

I don;t get ART at all, and I certainly don't get why the gov gives grants for that nonsense.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

To answer your question you may want to search for American landscape painters, most likely nineteenth (possibly eighteenth) century painters.
Shouldn't be too hard to hang a pitcher.
images.jpeg

1 - 20 of 56 Posts