Who killed Jonbenet Ramsey?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by robbcayman, Sep 25, 2015.

1. robbcayman

robbcayman

I was reading something about this case the other day and it is a very disturbing murder that has been cold for a long time. The gruesome way in which she died. They cryptic ransom note.. was it real or a ploy to throw off investigators? What are your thoughts? Below is the note:

[​IMG]

2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Who killed Jonbenet Ramsey?...

Mr. & Mrs. Ramsey.

3. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

I've always had a feeling that it was the little brother. I remember way back when hearing a tape where Mrs. Ramsey was angrily yelling at her son, 'You've done enough already!'

Lockback and cowboywannabe like this.
  4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Handwriting samples didn't match note.

DNA was of unknown male.

wp

5. robbcayman

robbcayman

That's what makes me think it was an outside party. The killer left DNA on Jonbenet and her clothing. None of the DNA matched anyone in the family. A detective who reconstructed the scene showed how easy it was to get into the basement through this grate. There was a boot print outside of the basement that didn't match the Ramseys.

A few days before her death they had an open Christmas tour of their home where over 2,000 people from within the community toured their home. Maybe someone unlocked the basement window or another door or window the 6,000 sq foot home. I really don't think it was the Ramsey's. It is scary to think that person(s) is likely still on the loose.

oldhounddog likes this.
  6. rv4driver

rv4driver

I have to tell you, in Colorado, we are all plenty tired of this story. Too many questions, not enough answers. Until something NEW comes up, count me out.

7. janice6

janice6

As evidenced by the lack of media attention, nobody cares anymore. The death of this child is old news.

8. norton

norton

I read a book on the crime several years ago. I don't think the parents did it, but they didn't do themselves any favors by contacting personal lawyers immediately. I think there is a chance though, that one or both of them knew who did it.

9. Z71bill

Z71bill

If they are innocent (I think they are) the Ramsey family was totally destroyed - first by the death of the girl - that is hard enough - but imagine if someone killed your daughter and 1/2 the people in the country figured you did it - constant pressure - idiot people laying guilt with no evidence whatsoever.

Sad -

IndyGunFreak and WeeWilly like this.
  10. Z71bill

Z71bill

I think contacting a lawyer was the right thing to do - guilty or innocent.

11. norton

norton

Your innocent little daughter is dead and one of the first things you do is contact your lawyers? Either they are cold hearted or maybe they had something to hide?

12. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

A lot of Boulder PD people believe that Patsy did it. John may or may not have been involved.

13. Brimstone_

Brimstone_

Considering how fast the police and public are to rush to judgement and blame the parents, it is an extremely smart move on their parts. Innocent people go to jail all the time. The family was about to go through extensive questioning by the police and it is always a good idea to have an attorney present, innocent or guilty.

P99er and Hartford like this.
  14. Z71bill

Z71bill

Getting convicted of a crime you did not commit helps your family / & dead child how?

NEVER talk to the police in this situation - NEVER - well unless you are an idiot that wants to be convicted of a crime you didn't commit.

certifiedfunds likes this.
  15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

You're kidding right? There are a million reasons for that.

16. norton

norton

Never, really? Your daughter is dead and all you are thinking about is yourself? Well I guess if my wife dressed our pre school child like a tart and paraded her in beauty pageants- I guess you would be someone who's principal concern is yourself.

17. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Read the "ransom note" carefully and ask yourself if a real kidnapper would write that. It is obvious to most logical people that it was fake. Why a ransom note but no actual kidnapping? A dead girl is worth nothing. The "kidnappers" go out of their way to say that they respect John Ramsey's business. Really? Also, know that the odd ransom amount ($118,000) is the exact amount of John Ramsey's company bonus. The ransom note was a big clue to who did it.

rhikdavis likes this.
  18. Otto Pistol

Otto Pistol

Gerry Spence, the defense attorney,says:

If you commit a crime, and the police suspect you, get a lawyer.

If you did not did not commit a crime, and the police suspect you, you FOR SURE better get a lawyer.

vikingsoftpaw and certifiedfunds like this.
  19. robbcayman

robbcayman

The ransom note is the most puzzling thing of the case. It could have been a disgruntled employee who knew the inner workings of his business. Or an employee with the inner workings could have been telling this story about his crappy boss at a bar etc..

Who knows.. it might have been the killer's intention to kidnap her and in the heat of passion he/they killed her and abandoned that plan. The note doesn't jive for sure. However, you can't dismiss the killer's DNA not matching any other member of the family. I believe the killer is still on the loose.

The initials SBTC.. were discussed. Some thought it meant Saved By The Cross.

20. robbcayman

robbcayman

That's a sad way of looking at it. What if this maniac is still out there and looking at your child/grandchild for his next victim? I think this case needs resolution for that simple fact alone.