Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local recreation center have fully opened, not more making, people get freedom back, not stur how long it will last. But I see seem funny to see people faces again.

Still many places I go people are still being SHEEP........Shasme on em for being foolish, like a face diaper is going to protect you from a micro organism?

The ink if you can blow Cigar smoke throught Mask it is not much good.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I live in Florida -- DeSantis country. I keep one in my back pocket just in case. Everybody still wears them at most Dr's offices except my primary care doc, (he's cool and knows just what this whole thing is really about). Most of the supermarkets have about 80% behind masks. I never put one on anymore, but it's ready if I sense the presence of Karen among the herd.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
people don't realize the mask doesn't protect you from covid... the virus is much smaller than the masks filter ability.

Most prob get it from putting their hands on things and their mouth

And yes still see people in their own cars driving with mask on!

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
I have never masked up with the belief that it was keeping me safe.
I do wear a mask where required. If I didn't, I would not be allowed on the premisses where I make my living.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I keep one on me. Some places still won’t let you in if you don’t mask up.

Reactions: flyover

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The mandate here in S.C. never had the force of law behind it. I wore a mask for a couple weeks when this started, then decided I'm not playing the game. Walmart, Publix, Academy sports, gun stores... nobody ever said anything to me. IHOP and a CVS told me I had to wear a mask. That's fine, I didn't argue, I just left.
Driving around during the day I still see people wearing masks driving their car. Sheeple.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I never wore a mask to protect myself; I wore (and wear) a mask to be courteous to others. The mask idea is to prevent giving the virus, not getting it.
Do you currently have the virus? If not, why are you wearing something you don’t need? And if you have covid why are you not staying home?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I stopped. My county extended the damn mask mandate for another month, til, 30 April. I said that's it, I'm done. I never felt unsafe but followed the 'rules'. I finally got fed up. If anyone stops me, I just say 'medical condition' and keep moving.

I work for the state govt. and once you get past security and public areas, NO ONE wears a mask. All these decision makers don't comply with their own mandates.

The public are a bunch of....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mask mandates are a fallacy. As was mentioned above, unless one uses an actual NBC respirator, these ridiculous things filter no viruses.

The mandates are nothing more than a lame attempt to make people feel safe and love their governments.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you currently have the virus? If not, why are you wearing something you don’t need? And if you have covid why are you not staying home?
No, I do not, nor have I had, the virus. I have been vaccinated. First of all, it may be possible for a vaccinated person to carry and spread the virus. I don't know about that. The main reason I mask up in most places is to be courteous and not alarm people who fear.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
It is a free country. If someone wants to wear a mask, why should I care? It doesn't hurt me. So I would actually prefer they keep their mask on, it improves their look.

I did have have a lady with small children ask me to put a mask on, I told I had already had both shot of the vaccine. She said "you are scaring the children". "They are not scared of getting CoVid, they are scared of catching the hideous. "

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, still do.. n-95 or kn-95.. because of my general good cardio health and the fact that I have recovered from covid, I am unlikely to get it again.
But from what I've heard I could be primed to be an asymptomatic carrier of a new variant.

I don't want to be responsible for the transmission of this virus (which is miserable) to some weaker person.
It's called a conscious, altruism, good karma, loving thy neighbor, or just otherwise not being a bitter, self-centered a-hole.

Not that it makes me some great hero, it is literally the least I can do.

I don't put much stock in the proclamations of angry internet weirdos who cheated off the smart kids in high school biology, or think an ANOVA table is something you bring home from Ikea in an old chevelle...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Guy at the gun counter in Academy Sports & Outdoors was wearing a gas mask yesterday. I went to pick up a pistol and he was the one doing my paperwork. I wanted to ask so bad but he finally explained that he lost a bet and had to wear it. He was sweating up a storm in that thing.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts