Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give it to me straight now.
I was mid 30's, I had went home to visit the folks, and Saturday we sat down to supper, then repaired to the living room to visit and watch TV. About 2 hours later I went to the Kitchen to raid the fridge. My Dad stormed into the kitchen and asked what I was doing, I said I was getting some munchies, he said "no your not, I bought those grocery's with my hard earned cash, and I bought them for me and your mother, not you." He then said when I came out I was welcome to put my feet under the table at meal time but that was it, that he hadn't bought that food for me. Who was wrong here me for not askin or my Dad for sayin what he said. When I have company my house is their house.:headscratch:

·
Registered
441 Posts
His house, his rules. If you want to raid the fridge, bring stuff to put IN the fridge.

I don't raid the fridge at people's houses when I visit... I don't live there -- it's not my fridge or my food.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You should buy whatever his favorite snack is and put it in the fridge, then freak out if he even gives it a second look. He sounds like a hardass, but I guess its his house. :upeyes:

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
His place. Does he "raid the fridge" at your place? If so, I'd put a stop to it.

But then again...how much do you raid the fridge? If it's enough that he notices a dent in his pocket book...i see his side.

Maybe once when you were there you finished off something he was planning on eating?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His place. Does he "raid the fridge" at your place? If so, I'd put a stop to it.

But then again...how much do you raid the fridge? If it's enough that he notices a dent in his pocket book...i see his side.

Maybe once when you were there you finished off something he was planning on eating?
I wouldn't have care if he had raided my fridge, my house is your house:supergrin:

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I was mid 30's, I had went home to visit the folks, and Saturday we sat down to supper, then repaired to the living room to visit and watch TV. About 2 hours later I went to the Kitchen to raid the fridge. My Dad stormed into the kitchen and asked what I was doing, I said I was getting some munchies, he said "no your not, I bought those grocery's with my hard earned cash, and I bought them for me and your mother, not you." He then said when I came out I was welcome to put my feet under the table at meal time but that was it, that he hadn't bought that food for me. Who was wrong here me for not askin or my Dad for sayin what he said. When I have company my house is their house.:headscratch:
You were wrong and I agree with what your dad did and said.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

·
21,361 Posts
The 1930's were rough, the country was still rebounding from the Great Depression and this probably affected his decision. :tongueout:

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,842 Posts
Not on you Okie.

ANYONE in my family can have whatever is in my fridge. This is just how my family has always been. Heck, my grand-ma would go buy stuff if she knew family was coming over and what they liked to eat or munch on.

His house, his food technically, but you did NOTHING wrong in going to the fridge.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Who was wrong here me for not askin or my Dad for sayin what he said.
I don't think you were wrong, just a misunderstanding, you didn't grasp the "New World Order". Maybe he feels you took advantage of him all your life and didn't pay back. Do you have any extra cash? ... maybe he needs some help. Maybe he disapproves of how you spend your money ... do you buy Sig's when Glocks will do just fine? Are you fat? Do you need to go on a diet? Communication is sometimes so difficult ..... Are you a ****ing lieberal? Livin' off Obama's plunder while he works?

·
Dumb Ape
2,031 Posts
I agree with Okie. My house is your house.

Unless its my last beer......you had damn well better not touch my last beer.

You can have the next to last...but not the last.

Those older cats were from a different time, those hard times back in the day stuck with them.

·
Armedflyfishing
295 Posts
Are you a ****ing lieberal? Livin' off Obama's plunder while he works?

Not Okie!!! but damn was that a funny response :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not the fat part tho that hit to close to home for me.:crying:

:whistling:

·
WWJMBD?
2,247 Posts
I suppose he was technically right... but at the same time he was being a jerk. I'm with you Okster, when you're a guest in my house, me casa su casa. Particularly with my kids, for God's sake... they'll never be so old that I won't want them to consider my home to be their home as well.

Gotta agree about the last beer thing, but other than that I take it a step further... when you're my guest I want you to feel at home, to the point that I won't wait on you. You want something? You see it it's yours. You can ask if I have something, or where it is, and I'll gladly tell you... but get it yourself. :supergrin:

Anybody I don't want to feel at home in my house doesn't make it past the front door.

ETA: Just so's we're clear... you're welcome at my place any time, Okie :)

·
21,361 Posts
If someone is a guest in my house, I want them to feel comfortable enough to go in the fridge or in the pantry and grab whatever they want to eat. My guns/ammo are locked up and therefore off limits. I had a friend whose step mom was like that, her 2 children could have whatever they wanted from the fridge, him and his sister were told exactly what and what portion they could have by their step mom :whistling:

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Okay this happened in the mid 90's and its mid 2009...obvioulsy something more is going on between you and Dad :whistling: ...but as others have stated yeah he was harsh, but his house his rules.
I'd say it's not about the food, must be something else that had been brewing for a long time.

But to answer your original question, as a guest in someones house the polite thing to do is ask.

However, when I go to my folks house I don't ever remember asking before opening the fridge and getting some food out.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts