Who is really the RACISTS?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by scottyd2506, Jun 3, 2020.

1. scottyd2506

scottyd2506

So in your world, everyone is perfect? Dude, get a life, people who have been drinking don't always do everything perfect 100% of the time. Do we shoot people who are drunk now?

Remember they guy broke no laws. It's not like he got himself into this... Some snowflake liberal, seen a bb gun and called police.

Yes the guy didn't follow every order very well at all.
    He was asked to crawl, with his knees crossed. Not easy to do, clearly the guys sweat pants was falling down and it was just a normal reaction.

The police are there to protect and to serve. Not exicute
    The, cop clearly wanted to kill someone.

Look, this all should be about police who use excessive force, not just about police who use excessive force on blacks.

If Dainiel Shaver would have been black, I can guarantee the officcer would be serving life in prision, and his family would be multi millionares.

Then we have 4 officers who are charged with murder of George floyd. I can understand maybe the guy who had his knees on his neck, but the other 3 guys were holding him down, how would they know

2. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Racism isn't racist. It infects all people regardless of ethnicity.

rock_castle likes this.

3. slym2none

slym2none Ain't got the Wu Flu.

That police officer told him to cross his legs at the knee, and start crawling toward him while keeping his legs crossed

I am not saying this is what happened, but it is almost like he wanted to shoot that guy.

Where's the outrage?

#DanielShaversLifeMattered

4. G17Jake

G17Jake

On the topic of racism... is there any evidence that shows racism was a part of the incident in Minneapolis? Maybe the cop sees everyone the same, and that's why he was too stupid to understand how the appearance of a white cop kneeling on a black guy's neck would incite riots? Maybe the cop is a color-blind utopian dreamer?

5. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Some of the most honest posts I’ve seen on here regarding this topic.

Yes, I completely agree there will always be racism. You simply cannot protest, shout, scream at the top of your lungs or make it go away. Racism and prejudice will always exist. It doesn’t make it right, but it will never be eliminated. Prejudice often has a supporting basis in fact as well, whether it seems insensitive to say it or not. We can all fight for any racism that affects people monetarily, in housing, in the workplace etc and we should. I believe there are many protections in place especially in the government workplace to prevent this from happening and I think it is very rare. If anything, it is skewed the other way with hiring quotas.

Almost 20 years ago, as I was separating from the military and I applied to the Florida highway patrol. My father was actually in the Florida highway patrol. I was a separating 10 year military police officer, with a stellar record and a prime candidate. I was not selected, although all indicators told me that the Florida highway patrol was actively recruiting and needed officers bad. After not being selected, I talked to my recruiter and he pulled me aside and said I’m telling you this, but I’m not telling you this… You’re just the wrong skin color and/or not a female and the FHP is not interested in you now. Good luck in you’ll have to try again later. Tell me that isn’t racist?

For example, many would say it is prejudiced or racist to say that blacks commit an inordinate amount of crime compared to other ethnicities, statistically. That may hurt some people’s feelings, but it’s factually correct. Crime statistics from many sources bear this out. Yes, (I’m educated and well read in socioeconomic factors. BUT, why is it racist to say the truth? Do I think this represents all black people? Of course not… Does this mean I don’t like black people? Of course not… The next thing I’m going to say is going to sound like “virtue signaling” (“I have black friends”, lol, I’m not racist”). I can tell you that my son-in-law, married to my oldest daughter is black. He’s nice enough, but I don’t particularly like him because of the way he treats my daughter. He doesn’t treat her bad physically, but more often than not he has no job and she is working two jobs to make ends meet, while he plays video games at home. My wife has confronted him and he says, (I kid you not) “ It’s hard to get a job because I’m black“. She talked to our daughter about it also and our daughter thinks his parents instilled this in him. I think he doesn’t really try, or is just lazy. Because I don’t like him, does that make me a racist? Some would jump to that conclusion and say so. But I disagree. I still treat him with respect, but I’m not gonna get real friendly with him like I did her last long-term boyfriend who I really did like (also black) because I don’t really think that much of him..

I want to say something though. My personal experiences have led me to believe that minorities are often much more racist than Caucasians on average. Most Caucasians I know, fall all over themselves trying to atone for their perceived white-guilt. I am not one of them. I just treat everyone equally, like an individual until they give me a reason to think otherwise.

Personally, I witness minorities seeing “race” in everything and feeling free to level any slander or racist comment or accusation against Caucasian’s without repercussions. I FIND THIS RACIST

The divisive movement, Black Lives Matter is extremely racist as well and if I were to reply “No, All Lives Matter”(what could be more true or loving than that?), I’m called Tone-Deaf AND racist and maybe assaulted depending on the environment. What kind of logic is that? I FIND THIS RACIST

La Raza, we actually have members in our govt and I have worked with members and the group is literally translated as “The Race” ..The Hispanic race that is. I FIND THIS RACIST

Every Hispanic or Black Chamber of Commerce, Caucus, Police Officer’s Association, LULAC, BIG...all racist and divisive in my opinion. And my agency will only send minorities to these training/retreat events for these groups. And there are a list of them that come out every year for agents to attend at govt expense. They’re typically in desirable locations you would like to spend for a week at an easy nonworking conference, Fort Lauderdale, Denver, San Diego etc. Want to spend a week at a LULAC (League of United Latin something or other) or BIG (Blacks in Govt) conference in Sunny South Florida on the government dime? Sorry dude, wrong skin color, you must wait for the Caucasian Police Officer’s Conference. Oh yeah, there isn’t one! That would be divisive and racist, right? I find all of these special-membership, groups, with exclusive membership based on race or skin color, extremely racist. I FIND THIS RACIST

I know this is contrary to what we hear everyday, but I lived it. I lived on the southwest border for five years, in a 98% Hispanic town, called Del Rio. I will tell you that my experience there was a pretty darn good one. The people were generally nice, everyone generally got along, I was even invited to parties and treated like family. My kids were even treated pretty good in school which I was really worried about it before I moved them there. That said, many if not most of those Mexican people were very outspoken regarding their dislike of black people. At parties and in gatherings. There were very few blacks in town, mostly military guys from the Air Force base nearby. My Hispanic friends didn’t hold back at all or mince any words about “all the blacks from the Air Force base”. They would be horrified if they knew I was writing this right now. But I need to, because they didn’t like them, just because of their ethnicity. I FOUND THIS RACIST

I’ve noted in my history on this earth that minority comedians can poke fun at white people and say the most absolutely racist things and get a pass on it every time. Things that would get a white person excoriated if they said somethings similar in contrast about another ethnicity. RACIST.

I could go on and on for hours with examples, and I just find it infuriating that the people always screaming “racism” seem to be the most racist themselves of all.

So, who are the racists really?

TxDave and Gauss Rifle like this.
  6. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I was just talking about this at work tonight with one of my colleagues, also in law-enforcement. He worked in Atlanta PD for almost 20 years in patrol. We both agree that there are some things that probably haven’t come to light yet, like Floyd fighting to get in the car, or kicking or spitting or something else that caused them to put him in the prone position, and that anybody of any color in that position would have been proned the same way. I cannot explained to be what appeared to be callous behavior and an overly lengthy restraint on the ground though. That said, I refuse to believe that there’s an epidemic of racist cops and I refuse to believe that that officer wanted to take a life that day. That is just counter to anything I know about officers. When I was working the street daily, on days I knew I was going to be involved in something really dangerous, I’d say a little silent prayer in my car when I turned the key. Lord, please don’t let me be put in a position to have to take a life today and please let me come home to my family.

7. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

You forgot to mention the background on the story. Officers received a call of a man pointing a gun out the hotel room window. It ended up being an air rifle. Obviously with the Las Vegas shooting, this could be a tenuous situation. And this guy was acting hinky and not following directions well. It’s a sad situation all around and I refuse to believe that the officer didn’t do what they did in good faith.

8. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

Regardless of anyone's opinion on this subject, there is a wide variety of non-lethal/less-lethal options at law enforcement's disposal that can be used to handle situations like this, yet the gun is always their go to.

- Taser is always an option. Kinda hard for a suspect to aim effectively when they have 50,000 volts running through their central nervous system. They even make multi-shot variants and Taser rounds for shotguns.

- There are portable ballistic shields capable of stopping rifle rounds and anything the guy could have possibly pulled out of his sweatpants. The trunk of a police cruiser can easily fit one or more of these in addition to a patrol carbine.

- Flashbangs anyone?

Nope! Had to go in all "Call of Duty" and shoot the guy out of fear/adrenaline, unpreparedness and an itchy trigger finger.

I've been fortunate to have had only one semi-hostile encounter with police (mistaken identity). My assessment of these particular officers is as follows.
    - A couple of overly amped younger officers.
    - A liar; presumably attempting to make trouble for me; regardless of why I was pulled over.
    - A rather diplomatic veteran cop who seemed legitimately concerned with solving a crime. I detected a hint of fear in his voice.

Every other encounter I've had over the years was peaceful.

I think most police want to do the right thing but there are quite a few who get into law enforcement for the wrong reasons and simply get high off of their own authority or become apathetic to the plight of regular citizens. There are also quite a few cops who do not understand the concept of de-escalation; instead, going from 0-60 at any perceived threat or challenge to their authority.

...and when they use excessive force, wreck someone's property, confiscate it unconstitutionally or injure or kill someone who was not a threat, then qualified immunity protects them and their department from prosecution and/or lawsuits.

That's what this all boils down to; a need for more accountability for the actions of law enforcement, to keep them operating within the constraints of the law.

Regarding the idea of racism itself: It's a stupid argument meant as anti-conservative propaganda. I couldn't care less if someone holds racist views toward me. That is their right under the Constitution; the same constitution I previously served to protect. By all means; hate my guts and call me every dirty word in the dictionary. ...but obey the law and do not violate my constitutional rights.

9. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

10. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

None of this matters, you will be hated and these people will be in charge.

11. Desert Kraut

Desert Kraut

Racism will always exist as long as there is money or power at stake e.g. ; the Reverend Al Sharpton.

JimWillson likes this.
  12. kwo

kwo

Affirmative Action is the down fall of this nation and is
    racist. Missed more than one job to a less capable person.

13. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

Ahhh. good old Affirmative Action...

The means by which quality students/job candidates are deliberately held back to give inferior candidates a head start for the sake of political correctness. How noble...

I'm a pretty bright guy with some solid credentials and experience in my field. If I am chosen over a white candidate for a job position because I greatly outclass them in terms of skill and experience, then I'm fine with that.

However, if I'm hired simply to fill a quota or to prevent the employer from "appearing" racist, then it's pretty insulting to my skills and unfair to a potentially better qualified white candidate. And if I am not the better candidate on paper, this also has the potential to land me in a position that I am not qualified for and will ultimately do poorly in. The words "set up to fail" come to mind and I've seen this happen a quite a few times over the years.

14. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

The officer in the video was charged, and acquitted.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  15. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

In his autobiography Second Wind, Bill Russell wrote, "Show me a person with no prejudices and I'll show you a person with no taste. The struggle is to keep the prejudice from turning into bigotry and hatred. Some people try to guard against this by surrendering their point of view to others or to an institution. It doesn't work."

norton likes this.
  16. xds45

xds45

The guy in the video was murdered by incompetent cops.