close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who is planning to go to Mingus?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CCV, Mar 5, 2006.

1. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

The new match in Mingus sounds neat. Who's going?

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Don At PC and I are going! Travling Friday, shooting Saturday and returning to Florida on Sunday.
    Looking forward to seeing you again!;f

Dan:cool:

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

This "old boy from Florida" will be there. Traveling on Saturday and there in time for dinner Saturday evening, shooting on Sunday and traveling back to our old home in Lubbock, TX on Sunday to visit our son.

4. thertel

thertel

This is going to be my first GSSF match and I'm stoked about it. I'm out of Stephenville which is about 20 minutes from TacPro where the event is happening. Alice and Bill Davison who own the place are great. It's also a great place to check out the Accuracy International Rifle Systems. If anyone wants to grab dinner or the such while in town let me know.

Thomas

5. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Doug and I will be there along with our friend Robert from Louisiana.
    We will be meeting up with Bobby, staying in Stephenville Saturday night. Hope to see everyone there!!!

6. Clem

Clem

Donna & I will be there, arriving noonish Saturday (hopefully!) so Donna can shoot some of her six entries & not leave them all for Sunday. I might shoot some Saturday, also. Thomas, glad you posted and are going to shoot your first GSSF match. We look forward to meeting you. Any suggestions for a good eating place for everyone to meet at on Saturday evening (around 7:30-8:00)? I hope you enjoy the match as much as Donna & I enjoy them. We love shooting the matches, but the best part of the weekends is being able to visit with great friends (many of whom have posted already! :) ) and making new ones! We're really looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone there! Travel safe & good luck! Should anyone have questions, post away & we'll do our best to answer them. At the match, look for the guys & gals in the Team Carver shirts & we'll be glad to assist with whatever we can. Tony. (BTW, CCV - will y'all be able to make the trip? Hope so!!) (BTW II - a big THANKS to the Davisons for hosting the match at their facility!! We'll do what we can to make it a success for all concerned!)

7. thertel

thertel

There is nothing exceptional as far as eating out goes in Stephenville, though the Merryland asian buffet is okay as is the Pastafina. The only major chair place is a Chili's. Pretty much any of the hotels are great, the Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, and Days Inn are all nice and located in the nicer parts of town. Though I'll confess it is hard to find the bad side of town when there are only about 20,000 people and 8000 or so are college students.

8. 4-40s

4-40s

Hello fellow Glockers,
    I will be at the Mingus shoot I have an untried G22 that is itching to burn some powder and of course the G35. By the time the match date arrives I will have that 5th .40 a G27 for summer carry I will bring it but don't know about shooting it. Bobby I think I have talked Stan into going and shooting? Call him if you get a chance and finish the deal. I will see him a few more times before the match and will work on getting him there. But regardless everyone have a safe trip and shoot above expectation. Let's make this an annual shoot.
    MikeC

9. Cbass1187

Cbass1187

Mike, I think I may make it and may be bringing a few new shooters. Should be interesting as this will be my first match as a Master?!? A little scared of the "deep end" and have my work cut out for me.

What are your plans? Hotel, driving which days? Maybe we can find some time to have dinner or something.

Hope all is well and if you get really bored, give me holler one weekend and we can meet at ASC. I need to show some new toys, since I have been winning guns.

Later

William

10. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Right now I plan on being there. We will probably drive up Saturday morning and have reservations in the Comfort Inn. Like Tony, I may shoot some Saturday and finish up Sunday (may shoot everything Saturday).

Let's plan on dinner at Chili's Saturday night.

Later

CCV