Who is Going to Dawsonville? Sound Off! (March 17, 18 and 19)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Roadkill_751, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Since Dawsonville is three weeks away, who is going?

As a reminder Dawsonville will be shooting on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will try to start shooting at 8:30 or earlier on each day. When you pre-register you will receive a GLOCK branded item when you pick up your labels, so avoid the long lines and get your entries in.

The Sheriff's Office Explorers will have hot dogs and hamburgers with all of the trimmings on Saturday and Sunday. There will raffles for GLOCK pistols sold during the match. Only 100 tickets per pistol will be sold for $10.00 a ticket, you do not have to be present to win.

While in the area there are several local attractions to visit with your family.

Gibbs Gardens which is five minutes from River Bend Gun Club https://www.gibbsgardens.com

North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall in Dawsonville, GA offers high end shopping at low prices. http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/north-georgia
    They are located twenty minutes from the range.

I hope to see you on the range on the nice cool spring day this year.

2. Justin1911

Justin1911

[​IMG][/URL]

T- shirt design for the match, will be for sale Friday to Sunday. Long sleeve $20, short sleeve $15. flag is on the sleeve and GSSF logo on left chest area.

3. Justin1911

Justin1911

Couple of ammo deals on cases at the match

9mm 500 rounds of Remington UMC $120
    40, 500 rounds Winchester $165
    45, 500 rounds Remington UMC $ 185

4. ESP36

ESP36

I'll be there Thursday to help set up and will help with RO duties (or ???) Saturday morning. Will probably shoot Friday. Very busy time at home so I'm helping as much as I can, not necessarily as much as I would like. Have a great day. Ed

5. naughtymoose

naughtymoose

plan to shoot Sunday morning.

6. wilhelm51

wilhelm51

I plan to drive down Friday and if I'm not wired after a 4-5 hour drive I'll shoot. Saturday I'm yours as an RO. Sunday if I still need to shoot I'll finish that otherwise I'm going to take a leisurely drive back through the Georgia mountains exploring maybe some trout streams.

7. trisax62

trisax62

I plan on going, and I'll be coming up from Columbus, GA. This will be my 1st GSSF match.
    What day or time would be the least crowded?

8. wnr700

wnr700

Wont be there but can I get a teeshirt?

9. wlkjr

wlkjr

Early Friday will be the least crowded. Saturday will be very busy and Sunday will be less crowded. But all that depends on the weather. No one likes rain very much.

10. trisax62

trisax62

Thanks, I'm looking to be there Sunday morning.

11. Justin1911

Justin1911

Sure shipping is $5 for up to 2 shirts in a package. Send me a email, [email protected]

12. wilhelm51

wilhelm51

My experience has been Sunday mornings are the least crowded at most matches. But the secret on any day is to get there early and sign in at each of the stages you want to shoot. Once signed in you can take your time before you return to the first one, x in and then wait to shoot. At most you'll have an hours wait and it will go by faster if you paste targets while waiting.

13. trisax62

trisax62

wihelm51, thanks for the info. One more question. I have a G26 and plan on doing just one match, so what is the difference(advantage or disadvantage) of Am-Civ G26 vs Am-Subcompact G26?

14. Justin1911

Justin1911

Either division is fine. I'd say if you shoot the 26 well you'd do better in subcompact division since scores are normally higher in that division. In a large match like Dawsonville they'll be a full slate of prizes in both divisions, and which division you shoot is irrelevant for random prizes. Be sure to sign up for the new member/first match pistol drawing when you check in.

15. trisax62

trisax62

Thanks for the info about which division and the new member/first match.

16. ESP36

ESP36

The weather on Sunday is forecast to be better than Saturday. 60-degree high both days. Some very cold/windy days up here right now (not to mention sub-freezing temps at night). Hope you enjoy your match. Ed

17. wilhelm51

wilhelm51

Match or divisions? With a 26 you can shoot 4 divisions at a match. I'd shoot at least 2. Currently I shoot 4. Why spend travel time and effort only to shoot one? Too much fun.

18. trisax62

trisax62

Division, I'm a new shooter and not up to speed with the terminology
    I agree about traveling for just one division. Being new, I don't really know what to expect, so I'm just testing the water in one division.

ESP36 likes this.
  19. wlkjr

wlkjr

I would suggest Civilian and Subcompact. Will take just over 200 rounds but bring at least 50 extra in case you have a jam and have to reshoot one of the stages. You'll get the hang of it. If you have questions everyone will be willing to help.

Mrs Glockrunner likes this.