close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who here likes sparkling water?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by fnfalman, Oct 19, 2004.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I've tried them all. The old standbys and the new chic imports from Czech, Poland, etc., and I always come back to Perrier. They have the most carbonation which gives me the "burn" down the throat on a hot day, and I can taste the mineral on my tongue. It's like eating oysters.^c ~2 ;D

2. thaclient

thaclient aequitas

On occasion I find it hits the spot well. Perrier is good, and I pick up multi-bottle boxes of Pelegrino at Costco. I've found one other brand I really enjoyed (while I was in Key West) that was also from Italy, but I can't remember the name. The one thing I hate though is when servers get offended if you don't want their mineral water, but from the tap instead. I've gotten in multiple times in multiple places in NYC, and on South Beach ;g. I'd rather just buy my own and keep it in the fridge for the times when I'm really in the mood for it.

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I like and drink sparkling water except when hiking - then I drink regular water only. Of sparkling and regular bottled waters I like Arrowhead. It has two things going for it, 1. taste, 2. I read somewhere they donate money to shooting sports.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Of the American brands, I like Calistoga the most. It's just that Pellegrino, Arrowhead, et al, they simply don't have the massive carbonation that I crave as with Perrier.

5. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

A case of San Pellegrino used to be a once a year extravagance until Sam's Club started carrying cases of it for about $11.

Unfortunately, they stopped carrying it...at least at the location near me.

Perrier? It's French. Screw that. I'll buy .50 bottle of plain seltzer water from Wal Mart.

I also used to buy bottles of Acqua de Nepi from Publix until they raised the price to the point where it wasn't worth it.