Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ComfortablyNumb
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at about 6 houses in MH in a day or two. If you live there, what are your likes/dislikes about the city? Any particular areas to buy or avoid?

Most of the neighborhoods I cruised around looked pretty nice, well kept, and decent houses... and the people I stopped to talk to all said, "I've lived here for 20/40 years and love it.

So prepare me ;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ender, call me. A freind of mine lived there for 6-8 years and has since moved to Troy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Their are two school districts, Madison and Lamphere, Lamphere is good but Madison is poorer and the last few years was a school of choice, that maybe changed this year.

Madison district is the old section, from 1920-1950's homes, goes from 10mi to app 11 1/2 mi.. mostly blue collar-when there were blue collar jobs

Lamphere dist continues north to 14 mile, the homes are newer and more costly, mostly white collar...

Taxes are high, heard second highest in Oakland Co???, city services are good as is the location, bordered by 696 and 75

Foreclosures have decimated the price base of sales, it is a buyer's market

Larry Campbell/Century 21 has been very good to me and is knowledgeable and honest

Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you need/want to live in that area, try to find something on the North end of the city. Also consider the North end of Warren. Sterling Hts, and especially Troy, are more expensive. Troy taxes are insane!

·
ComfortablyNumb
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Troy taxes are insane!
Troy taxes are about 1/2 of the taxes of surrounding cities. I was looking at one in Clawson and one in Royal Oak, and taxes were pushing 4k/year.

A fairly equal house in Troy and Madison Heights is about 2300/year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts