close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who here has built the Bench they are truly happy with?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by The Old Bloke, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DWB57

DWB57

image.jpeg I had a couple of benches before this one but I am happy with this one. I built this one when I built the house twenty years ago,it's built for sitting I do everything from the sitting position due to a health issue. My house has a upstairs with plenty of room when I was framing it I took this room in just for my reloading room. The loading benche is about seven feet long and standard counter top depth, it's a little junked up right now but it's been nice. I have a a/c duck coming from my downstairs unit and my upstairs unit to the room so as if I want to not run the upstairs unit I'll still get a/c to the room which extremely important where I live lol.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Taterhead likes this.
  2. rangerhgm

rangerhgm NRA Member

Added some pics. I don't have much clearance between the back of the case feeder and the upper cabinet door so I have to remove the case feeder to open that door. To make it easier I replaced the set screw on the back of the case feeder. I cut the head off a long bolt (same thread pattern) and JB welded a wing nut onto it so it's a little easier/quicker to un-thread it to remove remove the case feeder.

20170723_102451[1].jpg 20170723_102819[1].jpg 20170723_102758[1].jpg 20170723_103033[1].jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Taterhead likes this.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Only built one it's 55x24 and about as perfect as can be for me. Held together with a few screws easy to take apart and move when needed. I've even match marked parts to speed the process.

Taterhead likes this.
  4. AP2020

AP2020

I originally built these (2) 8 foot by 20" deep benches 22 years ago. No regrets. I knew back then that I would have room to expand!

TGT and Walk Soft like this.
  5. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

I spend about 3 years designing a L shape loading bench. It was going to be 8’ X 6’. Then I came to my senses, I was in the Air Force and would probably be moving. Since the longest I ever stayed in one place 18 months, boy was I wrong, never moved except off base since we moved here in 1976. I then seen the NRMA plans. But it had to be where I could take it apart for moving. Also it had to be heavy enough to stand on its own without being attached to the wall or floor. Since we lived in base housing at that time. The end legs are 4X4 and 2X2 in the center. 2X2 and 2X6 cross members. Everything is dadoed and bolted together, with two shelves and fully inclosed. The top cabinet I started with like the NRMA plans with sliding doors. After a couple of years latter I decided I did not liking it. I completely remade it with doors. I then made door pulls out of 308 rounds, and the bottom cabinet doors I made 50 BMG door pulls. I have redone the table top 3 times. It now has 2X8 glued and bolted together. With two layers of MDF on top all glued and screwed together. With butcher block vinyl top and sides. It’s 3’ wide and 791/2” long. And 42” tall. It has served me well for about 40 years.

6. unclebob

7. unclebob

8. unclebob

9. labdwakin

labdwakin

I'm hoping to finish my new bench this fall and put some pictures up. It's taken a long time to gather things back up since the fire. It's currently about 22 inches deep and 20 feet long, one end is for loading and the other is for casting, the casting area has a range hood and a vent to the outside for casting and is covered in 1/2" hardie backer board to make the chance of another fire a little less.

10. norton

norton

I built mine from 2x4's and plywood. The trim pieces on the corners and the top are ripped from 2x4's. 003.jpg It is screwed together so I can take it apart if needed. Its 28" deep, about 5 feet wide and the top is 37 inches high. I load while standing. Later I built a top with shelving for it, and then even later put two sliding doors on the top to hide stuff when not needed. I have my 550 Dillon and my R/C mounted.
    Its messy right now cause I'm in the middle of a caliber changeover for the Dillon.

11. camaross400

camaross400

I went with a corner style bench. I built it with my dad one summer. It is 8x6, and it works for me. I plan on moving one more time, so I may need to build another based on the room I have in the garage. This is my 2nd bench. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 shooter and Taterhead like this.
  12. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

I like the next organization and the starter kit of spent primers.

13. camaross400

camaross400

I liked the spent primer tube so much that I ended up adding it to my 1050!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. TGT

TGT Do you want to see my little friend?

Good Lord! I didn't realize I had my volume up high, and the moment that I clicked on your video I fell out of my seat while everybody else in the house hit the floor thinking that we were under attack. :supergrin:

Thanks for the free heart check. I enjoyed the video.
    :cheers:

View: https://youtu.be/VVUdeQD0LtA

15. tjpet

tjpet

My ex had this bench built for me back in the early 80s. Solid as a rock and plenty good for above average duties. The plans are available online from the NRMA site. Just be aware, this is a BIG bench. Screenshot_20170817-233910.jpg

Taterhead and Uncle Don like this.
  16. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

That is the one I built in 92. It's my second and last bench. I did use melamine for the top though, makes it very easy to clean powder, etc.

17. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

I really like my third one. Bench Complete.jpg

TGT likes this.
  18. sciolist

sciolist

Way too clean ^.

19. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

It gets dirty and cluttered at times. The 15 year old and I just spent 2 hours cleaning it up after 2 match dumps.

20. Lazy R

Lazy R

first one was my living room coffee table. I was single, it was beat up, I just drilled holes and mounted my press.

Second one is in this picture, a temporary job that I put vinyl flooring on and it's been a handy secondary worktable.

Third one I built about 20 years ago with a piece of glue-lam lodgepole. It's sturdy and handsome, a bit small but if bigger it'd just have more junk laying on it. Pretty happy with it, don't know if I'll build another.

[​IMG]