Who has switched from a G22 to a M&P 40???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lil'Zeus, Feb 7, 2010.

1. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus

What are you honest thoughts? I hope to get feedback from people who have actually swithed and owned both, not just owned one and fired the other. Or feedback from a person who owned the M&P 40 and went to a G22.........

I have a Gen3 22RTF and am thinking of getting another G22, maybe a Gen 4....but am thinking of trying out a new Smith M&P 40 instead......

Everyone seems to think the M&P 40 addresses the complaints of the Glock 40 cal....

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Thanks in advance...
    Shane

2. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I haven't switched over but currently have both. The S&W feels so much better in my hand and has thus far proven just as reliable (slightly less than 1K on the S&W, well over 5K on the Glock.) But I still feel I can shoot the Glock better a bit better. I'll keep them both and am awaiting to get my paws on a Gen 4 G-22 soon.

3. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus

I appreciate the feedback...If you had to grab only one, would you still take the Glock over the M&P???

4. garyjandfamily

garyjandfamily

I currently own both - and I'm planning on selling my Glock 22 in the near future. For me it is simple, I can't grip the Glock properly to shoot it well. I can grip the M&P, and I shoot it much better. There are a few other small things - the M&P seems to have the bore closer to my hand, and so less muzzle flip, but mostly it comes down to a grip that I can make fit my hand.

5. Larry V

Larry V

I like them both I was leaning more toward the MP until I got Gen4 22. With no backstraps and the new recoil system , The Glock wins for me!!!!!

6. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Between the two I have, the M&P would get the nod. It would be a tough decision though. :supergrin:

7. 82ndVet

82ndVet

I use to own a G17 & G21. After 4-5 range trips, 1000+ rounds of each, I just could not get used to holding a 'square'. Sold both, and now own a M&P 45. Could not be happier. It comes with 3 interchangeable grip sizes, so you can essentially make the gun fit your hand. If you take a lady friend to the range with you, the grips can be easily changed over to accommodate her. Only real downside right now is magazine availability and cost. But that should be improving down the line.

The only association I have with Glock now is GSSF....because I like to benefit from the yearly pistol voucher. Buy cheap and flip on GB.:wavey:

8. Broncbuster

Broncbuster Dying Breed

While not a 40 cal but I have had both in 45. Could not shoot the M&P as well as the Glock. The Glock was slightly more reliable. I then shot a Sig- now I have 3 Sigs and am looking for a 4th. Sold the M&P and one of the Glocks to buy Sigs.

9. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus

Interesting replies! A bit diversified, but thats good. I am looking at comparing the new Glock 22 Gen4 wo the new M&P....

after hearing how good the improved version is of the new glock, it makes me hesitate on changing...I also have 10-12 mags for the 22 and would have to swap em out...not that big of a deal though...

I shoot my Glocks well, and always have had a place in my heart for the ugly little things, but they work, and are tools. Part of my hesitation for switching is "if" I do find I like them better, now I have to do a bunch of switching up on gear and holsters and stuff....

This is a tough one...