close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who has Novak sights on their Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Maxthemutt, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I'm looking for new sights for my 17. I like the Heinies but I also like the Novaks. I'm wondering who has Novaks and how you like them. I personally like the plain black rear with the wide cut and either a fiber optic or their gold bead front sight. I saw those in a American Handgunner a couple of years ago on a 1911 and thought they looked cool.

Also anyone care to post pics?

Thanks, Max :) ;c

2. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

I just bought a used G17 that has Hiene sights, they actually appear to be bent requiring the rear sight to be drifted far to the left.

I plan to replace these sights and I am considering Glock mfg. steel sights or factory night sights.

I have a 1st gen G17 with original sights that shoots POA, and a G19 with Trijicon sights that now reguires a 6 o'clock hold.
    Novaks worked great on my 1911.
    Good Luck ;f

3. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I've never heard of Heinies bending, got a pic?

4. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Heinies and Novaks are both very nice, except that the rear occasionaly gets in the way of clothing (sharp edges). Consider also these sights they are good I have a pair.

www.xssights.com

5. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I've tried something similar to those, pro sights, and I need a little more definition.

6. inkedupinva

inkedupinva

I just replaced miy novaks with meprolights on my g30 because i could not get as good a group as i can now. I have not had any problem with my 1911 that has novaks. Maybe its just a mental thing or just the size difference in the two guns.

7. 2moose

2moose

I've got Novaks on 4 of my Glocks and Heinie's on 2. I think they're both great sights and it's a toss up to say that one is better than the other. I like the sight picture of the Heinie's but I prefer the low profile of the Novaks.

8. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"I personally like the plain black rear with the wide cut and either a fiber optic or their gold bead front sight"

Have Novak's Bar-Dot night sights on a Colt Commander & both the Hipowers have with Gold dot fronts and their "Carry" sights for yr's. on a number of Glocks. Like them as front sight is same height a factory Glock. The "BUG" gun use for IDPA, a G26 has Novak's with all-black rear and their white dot front. The dot is so white it's as if it were illuminated, plus the steel sights are so finely machined the picture is so crisp and detailed it's just superb. Do like the taller front of Heinie's and it's deeper rear notch but his rear always requires sight-black to keep {my eye at least} from "seeing" it when the sun is anywhere behind you. With Novak's am never aware of the rear at all so is very, very easy to focus on the front. Have put a bunch on Glock's for friends who have used the El Cheapo HiViz front and even single trit. dot front with exc. results. The Comm. have has Bar-Dot and find prefer that over 30Dot Trit. for it's speed of line-up of sight picture. They could have made them a bit larger for Glocks but the new wider rear notch is a great idea in itself.
    They are definitely versatile and primo sights!

9. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

Sorry my camera isn't working, I'll see what I can do. ;)