Glock Talk banner

Who has CCI SPP ?

838 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Schrag4
In stock ? I been buying in 5K lots but probably need to step that up a bit and maybe get a price break anyone ?
Best/joe
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,030 Posts
Go to gunbot.net, follow the yellow brick road and you will find them in stock at a number of places. Powder Valley isn't one of them...

Widener's and 3rd Generation seem to have them.

Richard

· Registered
10,030 Posts
In stock ? I been buying in 5K lots but probably need to step that up a bit and maybe get a price break anyone ?
Best/joe
I doubt you are going to get a price break until you buy by the skid load. But if you buy more, it spreads out the HazMat fee.

Richard

· Crusty Member
11,238 Posts
CCI are overrated. Grafs has Fiocchi cheaper in the 12000 case or S&B even cheaper. Wideners sells the S&B for less, but doesn't have any.

I've used all three of the above (CCI the most), and S&B are my favorite.

· Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CCI are overrated. Grafs has Fiocchi cheaper in the 12000 case or S&B even cheaper. Wideners sells the S&B for less, but doesn't have any.

Thanks men for your opinion, I think I will try some S&B and Fiocchi SPP's. I still have some CCI to compare to.
Best/Joe

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
I picked some up yesterday at the local Cabela's. They've had some on the shelves regularly for months, along with Winchester, Remington, and another brand I can't remember

· Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
CCIs are great primers, as long as your Glock has stock striker spring in it. I shot 10's of thousands of them and never had a problem.

HOWEVER.... as soon as you start adding competition parts (namely, light striker spring), you'll have problems. I would get around ~7 per 100 that would not pop the first time, and some wouldn't even pop a second time.

Federals are what I use now, but like I said.... if I didn't (mostly) shoot a competition gun I'd be completely happy with CCI.

· Registered
33,951 Posts

What's the price difference? I don't buy more than 5000 at a time.

Reactions: picker

· Registered
40,421 Posts
What's the price difference? I don't buy more than 5000 at a time.
You should if ordering online. Just to spread the hm out. I try for a min of 10 units; 1# of powder or 1k primers as a unit.

Reactions: picker

· Registered
6,414 Posts
I've tried CCI, Tula, and S&B now. S&B and CCI were both easy to seat in mixed brass, and Tula sometimes took more force that I think is reasonable. I've only ever had one not fire (a CCI), and I blame it on myself - I must have not seated it far enough - because it fired on the 2nd strike. Given that S&B seem to seat ever so slightly easier than even CCI and they're cheaper than Tula, I think they're my new favorite. I got in on the sale on S&B primers at Cabalas a month ago for $18/k :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.