Glock Talk banner

Who has a Glock with a light / laser on it ?

3522 Views 45 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  SilverState
I would like some input on the people who have a Glock with a light or light/laser combo attached on the rail. I was looking into getting the X200 on a G23 or G19 ( or maybe the G21 ) ? I have heard some negative stuff about the Glock frame when a light is attached to it. Any input or opinions are welcomed, thanks guys. :cool:
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Bite The Pain
12 Posts
I really like how the bottom of a TLR-1 is flush with the bottom of the trigger guard on my 21 and 30...the TLR-2 just doesnt look as good in my opinion (what does that really matter though.) I am buying my old man a 21 for christmas and will probably get him a TLR-2 for it as well....cant afford to do a LaserMax and TLR-1 on it or I would. So I was wondering how well the TLR-2 keeps its settings when you take it on and off of the gun. Does it require frequent realignment or will it keep its settings. BTW the old man is a diehard 1911 freak and this will be his first GLOCK ...lets hope I can show him the way of the modern combat pistol!!

· Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,206 Posts
I have a TLR-2 on a Glock21.

I love it, but have not found a good holster.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
I use the glock light when I need to on my G17.Had it for at least 2 years.Works great with no problems with reliability.Also keep a Surefure E2D nearby just in case.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
I've tested fired my G19, G22, and G35 with a Streamlight's basic M3 and have had zero malfunctions. Even test fired the 40 cal. guns above with replacement barrels just to be sure, even though I keep the OEM ones in for reg' carry, and have had no malfunctions. Get a Stream light or the Glock light and test it out. Oh-yeah, get one from dealer that has a return policy JUST IN CASE.

· Retired Member
9,198 Posts
Both G21 & G19 have SureFire and LaserMax (see attached)...

Very pleased with all YTD.

The X200A has incredible reach for such a small light! The X200B is much better for indoor and closer range usage, as the beam is far wider. SureFire has outstanding workmanship--the Rolex of weapon lights--but they are spendy little suckers!

--Ray

· Registered
191 Posts
I use either a Glock 21 or an H&K USP 45 with an M6 everyday to clear houses I am working on and love the combo…The laser has to be adjusted when moving from one gun to the next but it is absolutely invaluable to me…

Tactical light and laser in one…What’s not to like?

· Notorious
1,988 Posts
You can't go wrong with a surefire!

Guys, can anyone confirm if Black-Ops is making a weapon's light for pistols as well?

If they could make a pistol mountable light with a strobe feature like the Gladius', then I'd buy THAT in a heartbeat!

· Notorious
1,988 Posts
Glock lights are pretty good, ok build quality, easy to use and maintain...you don't hear about them so much because although Glock tac lights aren't bad, some 3rd party lights are better.

White light hurts the eyes more (at least in my case) that's why I went with the SureFire.

· Coffee Snob
332 Posts
The TLR-2 has a red laser right?
And the streamlight M3/M6 have a green laser?
There is one in a post above mine that has a green laser.
Is that stock?

· Wanna Cookie?
490 Posts
The TLR-2 has a red laser.

The M3 has no laser.

The M6 has a red laser.

· Registered
11,583 Posts
Some nights, I shine my Surefire in the drawer where my G20 stays...just to be sure.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.