Who has a CDE?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by UniversalBrow06, Feb 27, 2010.

1. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

If you do, TIME TO POST PICTURES!!

My Delta Elite is currently in the shop for a trigger job (and a flat mainspring housing install), and I'm missing it dearly. :crying: The 1911 smith is also a fine holster maker, so I'm getting a nice handcrafted OWB (without retention strap) that should fit the Colt perfectly.

It's been a fantastic pistol so far. With the flat mainspring it'll fit my hand even better, but even in its original fig it's been a fantastic shooter.

With already a steady supply of Winchester Silver Tips, I'm good to go with no more mods.

What say you??? :wavey:

2. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

3. AustinTx

AustinTx

The first time you bend over and that Delta Elite hits the concrete, you're going to wonder "why no retention strap".

4. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Hmmm... I've been carrying for years and I've never ever had that problem. I never open carry, so at the very worst it might fall into my shirt... if I do a cartwheel or hit the jungle gym or went weekend break dancing... :upeyes:

I have a lot of holsters and only one (a High Noon for Sig 239) has a retention strap.

If it helps you sleep at night, I do believe the holster will have a retention screw.

5. planner

planner

I am the proud owner of a Colt Delta Elite 10mm Stainless. It's one of my fave guns. I have found it to be load sensitive- lihgt bullets and some bullets used in reloading would not feed or cycle reliably. Examples are the factory W-W 170gr Silvertip and the old Sierra 190gr JHP. The WW was too light to cycle and the ogive of the Sierra would not feed well thru the mag- it hung up on the front radius of the mag. The Sierra was discontinued years ago, the SIlvertip I don't know about. There is A LOT of variation in the various factory loadings. The old Norma was substantially hotter than any of today's loads. Still love the gun- I have also discovered that for reliable insertion and drop-free, I have to use COLT mags, not Mecgars or Metalform, both of which have been advertised as what Colt use for "factory" mags. They are both made of thinner material than the COLT mags and hang up on the mag catch going in. But, my Delta Elite is one of my favorite sidearms.

6. AustinTx

AustinTx

Don't take it so seriously, it's your gun to do with whatever you choose to. Your business isn't going to have any effect on my sleep patterns.

When this comes up, I always remember one afternoon on a car stop for a robbery that had occurred. The LT. bent over to search under the passenger seat and his nice 1911 hit the concrete and bounced under the car.

7. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Pics.......................?

8. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Here's mine alongside my wife's CC choice.

[​IMG]