Who has a .460 Rowland conversion for thier Glock 21/30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hambone80, Feb 22, 2013.

1. hambone80

hambone80

I would like to hear from those that have used these conversions. Do they work well? Does it batter the frame or slide? I'm looking at one of these for hunting purposes. Would I be better off getting a Glock 20 instead?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Heck yes it will batter your gun. I have heard reports of them only lasting about 1500-2000 rounds. I personally have no experience with life expectancy though. It can be done but expect decreased life expectancy of your gun. If you are willing to accept that trade-off for the power of the Rowland, then yes, do it.

If not, then get a 10mm.

3. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

really?johnny rowland test 21 quote(runs like an appliance)and has way more than that tru it,just have to have the whole system:wavey:

4. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Oh, I know that it works because I have shot one. But you cant double the pressure on a platform and not see results of wear... even if using heavier recoil spring and a compensator/muzzle brake.

If you need that much, then might be best stepping up to a revolver. Just my thoughts... like I said, I don't own a Rowland conversion.

5. hambone80

hambone80

More opinions! I know there's more .460R guys and gals out there.

6. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

From what I have seen, GRT45 has more experience with 460 Rowland. He has posted in the 10mm conversion for 30 thread today. I am sure he can give you more info. Look for him on this link. He has a 460 conversion link in his signature block.
    https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473356

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013