close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who had a chance to see Nirvana in concert?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SAUERGLOCKS, Sep 17, 2005.

1. SAUERGLOCKS

SAUERGLOCKS BAD SPELLER!!

And how was the expierience? Please share.

2. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

I saw them a few times before they got signed. Once they had their first hit record, and started getting played on MTV, I didn't bother trying to get into the places they still played around here, as it was always packed.

I used to go see all the Seattle bands before Seattle got famous for Grunge.
    Once it became national, the fun went out of it.

The experience?

LOUD!!!

Also, hearing this [new] old sound rock, rough, nothing fancy, no fancy production values... Just Marshall amps, cheesy pedals, and 2nd hand guitars... After being spoon fed bands like Journey, and Motley Crude... I found it energizing and a breath of fresh air.

3. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I saw them a few times. Once in San Diego pre-Nevermind. Once in Tijuana Mexico on the Nevermind tour. Hole opened that show. The last time was an arena show in San Diego during the In Utero tour. I think that show was just a few months before he died I don't really remember. Oh yeah, saw them play an in store set also.

I recall them being awesome. They were just normal guys. Normal for the crown I hung with anyway.

Soujurn, You must have seen some epic stuff. The press was touting San Diego as the next Seattle for a while. Thee was always a show to see during that time.

MF

4. keltic

keltic

I saw them in 12-93. They came here with STP. It was a long time ago and I was in seventh grade but I remember STP played a better show. Kurt just stood there.