Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking about the "free bullets" promotion Hornady offers for buying their reloading equipment. Not really free, since you still have to send in a nominal amount of money for S&H. But they are still very inexpensive. I just got another 200 in the mail today from the last two die sets I bought. I'm up to a total of 1,100 so far since October.

Anybody else take the time to cash in on this deal?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got free bullets twice. About $8.00 S/H but my main complaint is that the free bullets they offer are unpopular and low sellers for them and bullet weights most don't normally load in our calibers. A good deal on bullets that I won't probably load?

·
"Old Bill"
2,652 Posts
Yes. Got another 500 XTP 9mm this year when I bought my 2nd LNL press.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I have lots of times. I had a buddy that would let me have LNL AP's at cost about $325 back then. I'd sell them without the UPC I started when they gave away 1000 bullets with them but did a few with 500 per machine.

Likely one of the few guys feeding his beltfed 308 JSP's. I do to load them on Dillon's though. The half index down, half index up, on the LNL forced me to put the bullet up into the die, then raise the handle enough for the case to index under the die then set the bullet on the case.

If I just set the bullet on top of the case and raise the handle, the top of the bullet would be above the bottom of the die by the time it finished its index, knocking the bullet off.

I have often wondered how many people opt for the cheap pistol bullets when they could get the same number of more expensive rifle bullets.

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
I have done it a couple of times when buying their dies.

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,190 Posts
I have lots of times. I had a buddy that would let me have LNL AP's at cost about $325 back then. I'd sell them without the UPC I started when they gave away 1000 bullets with them but did a few with 500 per machine.

Likely one of the few guys feeding his beltfed 308 JSP's. I do to load them on Dillon's though. The half index down, half index up, on the LNL forced me to put the bullet up into the die, then raise the handle enough for the case to index under the die then set the bullet on the case.

If I just set the bullet on top of the case and raise the handle, the top of the bullet would be above the bottom of the die by the time it finished its index, knocking the bullet off.

I have often wondered how many people opt for the cheap pistol bullets when they could get the same number of more expensive rifle bullets.
People that don't shoot rifle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts