close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who else has consolidated?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by djegators, Mar 10, 2010.

1. djegators

djegators

My current GLOCK stable is G17, G23, G30, G21, and will be adding a G19 soon. I am now considering consolidation, for more commonality of mags, ammo, and parts. Currently ccw the G23, can replace that with the G19 (same holsters). My thoughts right now are possibly trading the G23 and the G30 for another G21 (my fave, and as they say "one is none, two is one"), and more 9mm GLOCKs.

Do you prefer consolidation or variety, and why?

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

There is something to be said about back-ups and redundancy. Some folks are in favor and some like variety.

To each their own.

3. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr

I choose one caliber and pick the gun sizes that suit the purpose. I carry a 38 in a bellybag and will soon be shooting (poorly, but that's how I shoot everything) a 37 in casual USPSA matches.

4. piebiter

piebiter

I like variety, .40 Cal., .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum and a .45 ACP:supergrin:

5. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

I was forced to consolidate 2 years ago becasue i lost my job. I am now slowly trying to get collection back. I only have my G21.

6. rappa29

rappa29 JAFO

I consolidated calibers a while back. At one point I had 2 .45's, 1 .40, 1 .38, 3 9mm.

I'm down to all 9mm now (4 pistols), but might add a snubbie .38 again b\c I like them.

7. RBL525

RBL525

i am going for variety. but i stick with the compact size ones. right now, I have the 19 x2, 23, 38 on the way, and thinking about the compact 357 next.

There is nothing wrong with picking one or two calibers to stay with. If I was to do that, I would have to go with the 9mm, and either 40 or 45 GAP. still waiting to get my 38. can't decide until i shoot it. but for now, i am going to keep building the collection.

8. JBP55

JBP55

Quite a few are going with two common calibers, 9mm and .45.

9. ranger56528

ranger56528

A few yrs ago I consolidated to all 9mm except I still have a couple .380's and my 22 handguns fall under a differant purpose.

Although the Kimber Ultra II has me thinking again Hmmmmm.....I could get the 17 and 34 for the price of a kimber tho_Oh the pain heeheehee...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I've consolidated.
    I've probably owned 30-40 handguns over the years, ranging from .22 revolvers to .44 Magnums (hell, probably 8 of those alone!).
    Now I'm down to three autos: two Glocks and a 1911, and a .22 revolver for plinking. And a couple of long guns.
    I like having guns that operate similarly, after experimenting with numerous operating systems (DA/SA autos, single-action revolvers, double-action revolvers, all kinds of safeties, etc.).
    After shooting so many different guns, I'm satisfied with the Glock and 1911 for self-defense and recreational shooting. I don't have a desire to own anything else at the moment.
    As for calibers, I'm down to just two handgun calibers: .45ACP and 9mm. Both work just fine.

11. ambluemax

ambluemax

I'm all about diversity. There is so much good stuff out there, I think the claimed advantages are moot at best, especially in calibers. What was the hardest caliber to find last year during the height of the ammo shortage...9mm, so if you only had 9mm's you were pretty much SOL. I have 9, 40, and 45 so there was usually something on the self of in my personal inventory to shoot, but maybe not the specific caliber I wanted at the moment. That expirence alone is why I will always try to keep MORE THAN 1 caliber in my stable and if I do have one it won't be 9.

I see the logic in 2 is 1 ect, but I consider this addressed when you own multiple handguns (which you do, if one of your glocks goes down you have 4 others to fall back on), I think its silly to own more than 1 of the exact same model when you are trying to distributed limited resourses (ie $$) amounst unlimited wants (gun, other hobbies, life expenses). Again since there are so many good offerings out there, and most of us cannot afford to own every single gun we want, I don't see the logic in owning more than one of a specific make and model.

Since I'm young and single, I'm in the collecting mode. Once you have guns, they are pretty easy to keep, its aquiring that can be tricky. I hope and pray that I never have to consolidate.

12. PBRLite

PBRLite

Not it. Variety is the spice of life.

13. GunOneDown

GunOneDown

I'll take atleast 1 of each please. Variety for me.

14. WHEC724

WHEC724

I've never looked around and thought "gee - I have too many guns and too much ammo stockpiled". I can't imagine ever thinking that...:dunno:

15. Craigaz

Craigaz

Deleted.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  16. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'm all for standardization. All my handguns are in .22LR, 9mm, and .45ACP. I like having magazine and ammo interchangeability. Some people love having every cartridge under the sun. If it works for them, great. I'll stick with my method.

17. venenoindy

venenoindy

I decided to sell my a couple of my firearms that (to me) were a lot of money for a safe queens, I got back to cover my basic needs. for me full size Glocks were the way to go as for SD so went with G21SF, G35, G17 gen4. that way most of the time I will be able to find ammo, also to be more proficient I choose to have one platform (Glock) and be able to have the same trigger pull and reset in all three.

18. W4CNG

W4CNG

I have a G21, G35, and had a G26 which turned into twin G-19's. No problems all still function very well....

19. zeme05

zeme05

I have 6 Sigs (p-series) and 4 Glocks G23,19,26 and 21sf. I own a few others LCP 1911 S&W 686. The Glocks are the work horses. The Sigs have appreciated in price where as the Glocks seem to trade in a narrow range. I have a .40-9mm conversion so I have 3 9mm Glocks a .40 Glock and a .45 Glock.

20. Scott3670

Scott3670

I haven't consolidated yet - but I am giving very serious thought to trading my SIG P250 for a G19. Nothing against the SIG, but I like the idea of being able to share mags between two guns. Besides, you simply can't go wrong with a 19, can ya?