close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who Doesn't Like Harleys?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restless28

Restless28

Who doesn't like Harley Davidson bikes?

I just don't see them as "all that".

And yes, I have ridden one.

Am I alone?

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Wow.

You try and stir me up.

I won't ride a motorcycle that wont
    1) stop
    2) turn
    3) accelerate

faster than my car.

-Dana

ETA: Needs higher tops speed too.

Last edited: May 13, 2012

3. Restless28

Restless28

I guess it's like cowboy action shooting for some of the guys around here. They put on the black t shirts, do rags, chaps, and little black helmets every sunny weekend.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

nope, they are quite baggy. The outfits are goofy and the ghey loud pipes the seem to 'need' to be safe.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. Averageman

Averageman

I like my Road King.
    I don't need to go over 90 so it fits my needs. I dont have a doo rag, chaps or any of the goofiness that seems to go along with the HOG Owners Group meetings and I'm a bit to impatient to want to prospect for any club.
    Mostly I own the bike, because it's what I wanted, approval of others means very little to me.

6. bchandler

bchandler

I don't care for them, however I am past my sport bike phase too. I prefer a standard now, like an SV650 :)

7. tryn2hrd

tryn2hrd

Owned a Harley and wasn't that impressed.Put a lot of miles on my Toyota truck going to the Harley dealer after parts.Never was anything major just small things all the time.I now own a Honda and have put about 30000 miles on it without a hitch.

8. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

It's been years since I rode a bike but I always got a kick out of how Harley guys studiously tried to ignore me when I ended up at a light with one of them on my lightning fast (for the time) Suzuki GS 750.

9. engineer151515

engineer151515

Nope.

I consider them pretty but pricey.

<<<< Looking to upgrade my Japanese crotchrocket this summer
    \

10. LOCHFAL

LOCHFAL Millennium Member

I used to work with a couple guys from a biker gang here in Denver, and of course their buddies would be around the shop much of the time too. I can't stand Harleys ever since having to deal with that scum on a day to day basis.

I will admit that some of the customs are quite beautiful to look at but I wouldn't own one myself and largely the culture that does purchase and ride the dang things just turns me off of the whole brand.

11. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

I don't care for them. Also do not judge the riders since I've witnessed epic *********gery from riders of any type of bike you can think of.
    My preference is performance, but more power (lolz) to anyone who enjoys cruising. Hell, the immediate group I ride with has both sport and cruiser riders. We all make our "chuck wagon vs power rangers" jokes, but we have a damn good time riding regardless. Shiny side up!

12. Halojumper

Halojumper

It depends what you mean by "like". I like how they look and how they sound, but beyond that they're pretty inferior in most categories. They do have a solid cult following that constantly reminds each how cool they and their bikes are. Without that, the facts would quickly set in. But hey, it's a free country.

13. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Reluctantly Deplorable!

I've never cared for them nor do I get the mentality of those that all ride the same bike, dress in the same black jammies, ride in large groups, and think of themselves as "rugged individualists".

Bikes that are quicker than cars, go around corners, and stop are more interesting to me.

14. Z71

Z71

Never owned a Harley..but from what I've seen of them..they ain't what they cracked up to be.

Honda or Yamaha I've owned(just bought a 2003 Shadow)..and these seem to just need normal maintenance...not fix/replace vibrated off parts like Harleys.

They do tell me the newer Harley Davidson bikes are vastly improved...however for the price they ask....get a Honda..

15. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

I ride two Harleys, a lot. I've owned and ridden all sorts of bikes over the last 40+ years (started in 1969 on a Norton). I like motorcycles in general, would love to burn the tires off a Ninja Kaw or a 'Busa, but Harleys fit my needs now. I like to putter down rural roads with no traffic, enjoying the sunshine and summer beauty I live in the middle of. I've ridden fast and crazy, but at 64 y.o. I'm very much aware that my reaction times and reflexes ain't what they once were.

I don't like or fit in with the "traditional" Harley crowd and their fake badassery. I don't like d-bags in general, no matter what they ride. That applies to rocket riders who pull vertical wheelies at 75 mph 15' from the front bumper of my truck in the middle of Kansas City traffic, Harley groups who ride 50 mph to hold all traffic behind them in check, dirt riders who go off trails and tear the hell out of otherwise pretty places. I'm also amused by the Japanese cruiser riders on their wannabe Harleys, wearing the same stupid uniforms as the ones they envy but profess to hate.

In my world, it's ride what you like. There are a lot of different motorcycles for the same reason there are a lot of different cars and trucks. Not everyone likes the same thing, right? I wave to anyone else on a bike. Anyone who doesn't like what I ride can KMA.

I'm going out for a spin right now, and the toughest decision of my day will be which bike to ride. Life is hard.

16. BlownFiveLiter

BlownFiveLiter

I'd love to pick up a Heritage Softail Deluxe, but not for what they ask for them. Maybe I'll pick up an older Shadow ACE, or Shadow Aero instead.

17. amd65

amd65

If I was given a Harley, I would immediately list it for sale and start picking out the (non-Harley) I would buy with the proceeds...

18. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

I have a great Idea, if you don't like them don't buy one.

19. KennyFSU

KennyFSU

^ lol.

Leave your logic and reasoning at the door and let people continue to bash them from the comfort of their keyboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. ray9898

ray9898

I really like the looks of some of the big HD touring models but the performance has always turned me off. They are just not up to par with what is being offered by others especially at their higher price point.

The HD crowd can also be a turn off. I cannot count how many times I have been snubbed because I ride a import crusier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.