Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just lack finishing up
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one on order and I'm curious as to how it works as a daily CCW. So, if you do, what holsters have you tried? What's your favorite carry: owb or iwb? If you've tried daily with the G45 and quit, why?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I work from home so I can’t say I carry daily, but I carry whenever I leave home. I carry AIWB in a Dark Star Gear Orion. I’m 6’ and 235 lbs and got the G17 Orion. I find the longer length is more comfortable and helps press the top of the slide/handle into my gut.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
G45 is one of my EDCs. I have an IWB cut to fit my red dot. The grip is a bit large for most Florida style clothing but a baggy shirt or jacket hides it. I carry it because I shoot it well. I have a 365XL that holds 12 with flush magazine and it hides very well but I shoot the G45 better. I usually get generic holsters that fit.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I AIWB it in a Tenicor VELO with Discrete Carry Concepts metal belt clips. Sometimes swap it for my G19 if the shirt requires it. I also swap with my SIG X Carry & FX RXP with AXG grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,158 Posts
For the most part I no longer carry Glock. Having said that, if I were to carry one of my Glocks it would be the G45. I use to carry a (Gen 2) Glock 17 off duty and did so for years. In fact, it was my first Glock. And I carried it daily without issue in a Desantis OWB leather holster. I have a no-name leather OWB holster for the G45 for when/if I get the itch to carry it. It has a 30 degree forward (FBI) cant which nicely takes care of the butt of the pistol sticking out and printing through a T-shirt.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dang I keep going back and forth between a G17 Gen 5 and G45. Crazy… but I’ve yet to pick up a 17. So if neither I poses (yes I know I’ll end up with both at some point), which to get?? I would CCW it for sure. Ya know, have it to have it. It would be another multi-use weapon.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Dang I keep going back and forth between a G17 Gen 5 and G45. Crazy… but I’ve yet to pick up a 17. So if neither I poses (yes I know I’ll end up with both at some point), which to get?? I would CCW it for sure. Ya know, have it to have it. It would be another multi-use weapon.
They’re designed for the exact same role and both equally capable of performing in it. It comes down to personal preference. I happen to prefer my 17, but 45s are great pistols. Really, there’s nothing one of them will do that the other won’t in the real world. Pick the one you shoot the best…or like the best if they shoot the same for you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I carry mine frequently in a Tenicor OWB or a Vedder Light Tuck IWB-my favorite Glock pistol hands-down.

At first, I was skeptical of the concept. Then I shot my son-in-law’s 19X. Bought the G45 the same day.

ETA: It also serves double duty as my nightstand gun.

·
Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,158 Posts
Either would make a fine choice. As Warbow stated, they are really almost the same pistol and would fulfill the same role equally. At practical to long distance shooting you are likely to see little, if any difference in accuracy. Personally I have always liked the G17 but I’m very happy/satisfied with the G45 and it’s pretty much become my favorite Glock.

No wrong choice.

Reactions: Out West and Jslow

·
Registered
340 Posts
Either would make a fine choice. As Warbow stated, they are really almost the same pistol and would fulfill the same role equally. At practical to long distance shooting you are likely to see little, if any difference in accuracy. Personally I have always liked the G17 but I’m very happy/satisfied with the G45 and it’s pretty much become my favorite Glock.

No wrong choice.
Dave I’ve always trusted your advice and respected your comments. Thank you. A G45 will probably be in my soon future. I did hold one and dry fire it a month or so ago. It seemed very well balanced.

·
Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,158 Posts
Dave I’ve always trusted your advice and respected your comments. Thank you. A G45 will probably be in my soon future. I did hold one and dry fire it a month or so ago. It seemed very well balanced.
I agree that it is a well balance pistol. One of the things I eventually like about the 19X after holding/shooting one. Just seems to point a little more naturally (for me) than the G17. That isn't to say the G17 didn't point very well, but the overall balance of the G45 (for me) just seems even better.

As a side note, I'd love for Glock to develop a 23X or whatever model number they'd assign to a 40S&W caliber the same size as the G45/19X. I did a poll here a while back if folks would be interested and IIRC it was a very positive response.

Reactions: Jslow and Out West

·
Registered
EDC: Glock 19X; Surefire X300U-A; Trijicon RMR HRS.
3 Posts
I EDC a 19X and mounted to it is a X300 and a RMR HRS (and i mean EDC, only thing that stops me from carrying are metal detectors or security wanding people). I work for a liquor distributor, so that means kneeling, crouching, stooping and bending at the wait at least 400 times a day, 4 days a week to pick up boxes of liquor and wine ranging from 5 to 50 pounds. I carry AIWB with a spare 19 rounder and another 19 rounder loaded. This is in a TIER 1 Concealed Axis Elite holster. Yes, i feel it at all times of the day. You are supposed to feel it, its a freaking GUN! Its not supposed to be comfortable. If we were meant to carry guns comfortably every day, god would have made us a drop leg holster like Robocop. Personally the 19x/45 is the best Glock EVER made. I think you will enjoy carrying the G45.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts