Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like a novel ideal but would scare the BEJESUS outta me!:wow: I can see the merits of it's application (Glocks' thick slide, probably the MOST IMPORTANT dimension for CCW). However, for me it's too cheap in the grand scheme of things not to buy a holster that covers the triggergaurd. For example, I have a Don Hume IWB holster for my G30, and it's THINNER than the Galco or Tagua that my other Glocks use interchangeably. I say this b/c we all know G30 slides are hella THICK!

I'd even sport my cheapo Uncle Mikes neoprene holster before I'd be willing to try clipdraw. Neoprene holsters are probably as thin as can get, while still getting the peace of mind that the trigger's covered.

Any of u guys tried clipdraw and stopped? Any of u guys tried holster carry on a glock and went to clipdraw?

·
Not an Expert!
870 Posts
It seems like a novel ideal but would scare the BEJESUS outta me!:wow: I can see the merits of it's application (Glocks' thick slide, probably the MOST IMPORTANT dimension for CCW). However, for me it's too cheap in the grand scheme of things not to buy a holster that covers the triggergaurd. For example, I have a Don Hume IWB holster for my G30, and it's THINNER than the Galco or Tagua that my other Glocks use interchangeably. I say this b/c we all know G30 slides are hella THICK!

I'd even sport my cheapo Uncle Mikes neoprene holster before I'd be willing to try clipdraw. Neoprene holsters are probably as thin as can get, while still getting the peace of mind that the trigger's covered.

Any of u guys tried clipdraw and stopped? Any of u guys tried holster carry on a glock and went to clipdraw?
I've never even considered clip draw. It's a little scary

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

Get a good holster and be safe!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tarowah...
"You can normally tell who they are by the pronounced limp." Love it! LOL...LOL. Thats abosutely Great!

·
Command Sergeant Major (retired)
4,840 Posts
I have one on a G27 and I use it occasionally. I never worry about a N.D. or shooting myself in the leg. It comes in handy when I have to just go run an errand. It is not something that I wear for all day carry.

This has to be (at least) the 50th thread on the Clip-Draw and we get the same responses....... usually from people who have never used one, and can't comment with any firsthand knowledge about if they are secure or safe enough.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
For short errands or around the house, I will occasionally just stick a glock in my belt and Indian-carry. Have done it forever and don't see why the trigger would get pulled. Glocks carry well this way and don't fall out like some "slicker" guns might. For instance, 1911's are kind of slippery so I don't generally carry them other than holster. FYI, MANY Border-Patrol and Texas Rangers used to carry 1911's cocked and locked. Indian-carry used to be a very acceptable means of carry. Now, we're all PC, so I don't recommend it. Or, like IndianaMatt below me (next post), just don't keep a round in the chamber. Then you can throw it at the BG and it won't go off. Awfully good idea. Very PC. No offense, Matt, but that is NOT a good idea unless you're Israeli commando.
The darned things have a trigger-guard...probably works.
If I'm going to town, I stick it in one of about five holsters. Almost all are IWB.
The ClipDraw I haven't tried because I'm not convinced that the patch will not leave a mark on my slide. And I don't like that long metal prong hanging over my belt.
Would rather carry a j-frame with a Barami HipGrip. Now, that's a classy way to carry. Instant, dependable, stable holster...sort of.
S2

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
The people I know who ClipDraw, DON'T just use ClipDraw, dopes!!

They also purchase the Saf-T-Block, also available by ClipDraw. In fact, on the ClipDraw page is a reference an link to the Saf-T-Block:
http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=392&action=show_detail

This device prevents the trigger from being accidentally pulled. A couple of guys at my range use this setup (the owner and at least one S.O.) and the S.O. unloaded his gun and let me "play" with it. With the Saf-T-Block in place, the trigger won't be engaged. You have to literally "push" it out of place to get it out of the way. While the gun is concealed, the left side of the gun is tight against your body, preventing the Saf-T-Block from just falling out.

Nobody is advocating carrying via the Clip Draw with that trigger not being "protected". Sheesh.

·
Transform & Win
3,348 Posts
Clipdraw in Condition 1 (round in chamber) can be done safely, but it's not my usual carry rig. For example, the Zack Concealment Holster (pictured below) is attached to the belt with the nylon loop and the kydex sleeve snaps on securely to cover the trigger, then the pistol is placed IWB on a Clipdraw. When the weapon is drawn the Zack pulls loose from the trigger guard.

·
9/12 Groupie
292 Posts
Always try out that ****** w/ the clipdraw.

:upeyes:

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
If you clip draw make sure you lock tite the screws good or else while during shooting it will shot off and back at you like my dumb a-- self learned. When I used it it was always in conjunction with a belly bad or if I OWB carried it was between the belt and pants to give it a little more cover over the trigger guard but since then there has been an explosion of different types of holsters and I would not give up my Crossbreed.

·
clever quip
1,165 Posts
I see no problem with the Clipdraw IF you carry in C3. But then, I see ZERO point in carrying in C3, so the Clipdraw is pointless IMO.

·
Giant Member
5,451 Posts
You can normally tell who they are by the pronounced limp.
If this were truely the case then everytime it happened there would be a new thread on GT.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I carry clipdraw with the safe-t-block SOB most of the time. It is the most comfortable for me and most concealable, but then again my carry gun is a 21sf with the big pic-rail. I have practiced my draw so much that before my weapon is even close to being pointed, the block is long gone so that it doesn't interfere with the trigger pull time at all. Get some snap caps and practice, practice, practice.

·
Command Sergeant Major (retired)
4,840 Posts
If you clip draw make sure you lock tite the screws good or else while during shooting it will shot off and back at you like my dumb a-- self learned. When I used it it was always in conjunction with a belly bad or if I OWB carried it was between the belt and pants to give it a little more cover over the trigger guard but since then there has been an explosion of different types of holsters and I would not give up my Crossbreed.
I have shot many hundreds of rounds out of a G27 with a clip draw attached and never once had the screws fly out. There is no torque involved...how could they come flying out?

I also never use that safety block thing. Keep your finger off the trigger and the gun can not go off.

·
Banned
466 Posts
If you clip-appendix carry you won't have to worry about safe sex.:rofl:
The Israelis do it all the time with the G 19. It is quite common for them to carry that way. Then again, they invented the Israeli carry as well.:whistling:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts