close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who carries a Glock 35 on duty...research for a magazine article...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by bcj128, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bcj128

bcj128

I am writing an article on officers carrying a Glock 35 as a duty sidearm. I am looking for anyone out there who carries a G35 on duty, and any experiences you've had. I also am looking for any agencies that issue the Glock 35.

Thanks,

B. Jensen

2. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

I've carried it off and on the past few years. I switch between my main duty gun (Glock 31) and my 35, which i've put a Jarvis .357 sig conversion barrel in (im a .357 sig lover). Only thing i do not like about the 35 for duty use is the extended mag release. Especially since i use a thigh holster, i have gotten out of the car to shortly there after find a gun with no mag in my holster. I have an "Oh ****" moment and usually find it laying in the driver's seat of the car. Since that happening i have put a standard mag release on the 35 and have never had a problem again. I love the extended slide release and have put one on my 31 as well. Only reason i dont carry it more often is that Safariland does not make the ALS holster for the 35, and since i use a thigh rig i like the added security of the ALS. I've contacted Safariland in the past about if they were going to make a 35 ALS holster and they said they had no plans due to it not being a very popular holster used.

Chuck

3. KY Moose

KY Moose

Try contacting the Kentucky State Police. They issue the G35. Who knows, maybe they can share their test data with you.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Awww, c'mon! I carry a G34, ain't that close enough for government work?

5. KIDCOP

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

Both my Chief and I carry the 35 for duty. I have never had an issue with mine. Goes bang every time as a Glock will do. I think I've carried mine for 7 or 8 years now. It's been in a 070 the whole time.

6. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I carry one with the surefire attached, we issue them to SWAT. I love it !!

7. SDforce

SDforce Desk Jockey

Escondido CA PD issues the G35 (and G23 and Sig P226). A friend of mine carries the G35 and used it in a shooting with a robbery suspect. I doubt he will give an interview though due to his current assignment.

8. OverToad

OverToad That Guy

As you can see in my pic I carry a Glock 35 with Surefire X400. Been carrying a G35 for years with different weapon lights. I have been testing the Gen4 G22 for a few months and will switch to it soon as so far I'm really loving it.

9. GearGuru

GearGuru

Me :) When I'm in uniform, as Swatbwana said, we have 20+ issued out to SWAT and this is our second round of 35's , we shot out the first ones. Of all the 40 glocks, it has been the best shooter by far for me.

10. bcj128

bcj128

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds before they are shot out. Also, how often did you guys change out your springs...

Thanks,

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  11. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I have over 80 K through mine and still carry it, I change springs every year.. some just got beat to crap by getting banged around... Mine was sent to Robar for the beavertail because I have a bear paw and all glocks cut the top of my hand when I shoot them I have a good High hold, but the muscle between my thumb and pointer finger sits up like a little ball and gets sliced by the slide.. that's why I kept my "old rattler" it still shoots very tight groups..Im partial to the S&W M&P frames because of their beavertail treatment.

My gun has gone through two sets of night sights and just about every small part, we also use the standard trigger not the 3.5.

12. GearGuru

GearGuru

:agree: Like he said.

Blessed to have multiple armorers on team and we got our second set of 35's at about 30-50K rounds estimated. Guns were just beat to hades, we had rebuilt them earlier and the newer ones have mostly been rebuilt after about 15-20K rounds. Yeah team shoots alot.

Most common replaced parts were

Recoil Spring Assembly
    Slide Stop spring
    Mag Springs, generally with Wolf +10%
    Trigger spring
    Extractors
    To a lesser extent connectors
    Sights as needed

13. Ticman

Ticman

Not sure if it's allowed but a standard mag release is a very easy swap out. I had the same problem and replaced mine with the standard release.

14. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Wife carried one for years. I added a Storm Lake ported barrel and she continued to carry it. It's retired now that she is forced to carry a G23.

I carry a G34 (9mm is better). ;)

15. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

While they are a small, nontraditional PD, you can contact the Mobile (AL) Airport Authority PD, they issue the 35. Ask to speak to their firearms instructor.

http://www.mobairport.com/

16. biglaake

biglaake

I carry one. It is one of the options for officers where I work, other choices are a G 23, G22, G27 and the G 35. I just prefer the longer sight radius and I grew up shooting larger handguns. It is much better now that the department got rid of the 8lb triggers.

I did have the armorer take off the extended slide stop, and install a normal one I use a high grip and every once in awhile I would hit it and stop the slide.

17. Joe Pickett

Joe Pickett

The Alabama Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries Division (aka "Game Wardens") issues the Glock 35.

18. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash

I just ordered up a 35, but I plan on keeping my 22 for duty.

19. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

CA Dept of Corrections is in the process of transitioning from the S&W 65 wheelgun to the G35 and G22. By the time the process is completed, I will be retired. :steamed:

20. jenrick

jenrick

It's on our list of guns, and a decent number of officers seem to carry one. I personally prefer the G34, as with around 45K rounds it's still not shoot out. Just broken in :) PM me if you want my department.

-Jenrick