close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who can color Glock frames?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by daredwit, Jun 11, 2004.

1. daredwit

daredwit

I want a Red Glock frame like this trainer gun. My nickname is "Red" because of my hair and my last name. It would be perfect.

2. jcmios

jcmios

You can do it with Krylon Fusion paint. It is a spray paint that is made for use on plastics; it bonds on a molecular level. Brownells sells it for this very reason, but it can be found in most hardware stores.
    Jim

3. n-bandit

n-bandit

Just a thought...

Red guns are normally safe trainer guns. Wouldnt that be a bit decieving? Granted we all know that you must first clear ANY weapon when picking it up, but some people dont. is it really a wise thing to do?

Im not trying to be a pr!ck. But thought it should be pointed out. That said it does look kinda cool, but I feel that red guns should be left as training guns.

Mike

4. daredwit

daredwit

It is purely a novelty item for me. I'll probably have my 17 done in red with some G18 mags for backyard fun. Seriously, how many trainer guns have you personally seen? I clear/check every gun I have and I am the ONLY person that shoots/handles MY guns. This is something that will sit in the safe and isn't going to the range/IDPA/carry etc... I already have other Glocks for those roles. I am not sure who would be deceived when I am dumping 33 rd mags in my back yard. I appreciate the advice though. Different folks/Different strokes.

Oh and PS:

Probably have the top done in hard chrome with a threaded barrel. Don't think they make the "trainers" like that.

;z

5. nuggetring

nuggetring

I will tell you something about different color guns that could very well mean the difference between some innocent person going to jail or not!.

But! first and foremost if you have children be very very careful because if they find it they will think it is a toy and I dont need to mention what could happen after that!.

Kel-Tec makes Blue, White, Green maybe some others!.
    Now! if you are a pistol packer and someone that thinks of you less than a friend knows it, they could be evil enough to say that you pulled your gun on them!.
    Now! when the police arrive they will ask the so called victom what did the gun look like etc.
    All most any person would guess Black or Silver!, I dont think there are any false accusers that would guess Blue, White or Green.
    After they tell the police that your gun was Black or Silver and say something like the sun was shining on it but it was either black or silver.
    After you show the police officer that your gun is Blue you are off the hook! and the false accuser goes down for making a false police report! ;)

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

This is getting strange now.

7. Its The Truth

Its The Truth

Nice scenario with the colored frames, but the police almost never press charges for a false report anymore.

8. n-bandit

n-bandit

How many training guns (redguns) have I seen? Quite a few. I work a Government site and we use them quite often so as we are training we dont scare the people who work there. If they see us running into a building with guns drawn they tend to freak out.

Mike

9. daredwit

daredwit

Well...you are in the minority. Like I said, it is for backyard, private property fun. I am not running around the neighborhood with my gun a wavin'

10. crazy kid

crazy kid

so kel tec makes colored frames for glocks? cuz i'm trying to looking for one for a g17, instead of painting it.

11. hookman81

hookman81

No, what he wes talking about with the kel-tec statement is that they make guns in different colors, not off glock frames. Thanks

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I saw a Glock training pistol once, it was actually more of a pink color rather than red. :cool:

13. eliteprecision

eliteprecision

Personally, I don't think it should be done, but it can be done. Simply buy one of these training guns :
    http://www.glock.com/training.htm
    and put your complete upper on the red receiver. The receiver of this gun is completely functioning. The only thing that makes this a training gun is a solid barrel and a breech face with no firing pin hole. Hope this answers your question. IF YOU DO THIS PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH IT!

14. Glock22TX

Glock22TX

Thats the first traning gun i've seen that is functional.I've seen others for 40.00 bucks but looked cheap compared to those.

15. WD8T

WD8T Senior Member

daredwit,

If you want a red frame...GO FOR IT!! Just be sure to post the pics for us to look at.

:cool:

16. uncowboy

uncowboy

FireGlocks example is not that far fetched. A coworker had a tiff where a lady cut him off and then she gave him the finger . He had some harsh words with her and went about his bussiness. The lady called the police with her cell phone and said SO SO Driving a SO SO just waved a gun at me and he is driving around pointing a BIG SILVER REVOLVER at everybody. My friend was pulled over with 4 Glocks trained on him. After questioning they saw his CC was a G-36 No way to mix that up with a silver revolver so they let him go. This really happened not very long ago. J.Michael

17. Black Snowman

Black Snowman

Gun-Kote will bake on and stick just fine. You can do it in a pattern to make it stand out from the training guns by masking it off. Not sure if Gun-Kote is available in red . . . should be.

18. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

IF, I put a clear Krylon finish on my gun, would it be invisible?

Dave;f

19. uncowboy

uncowboy

NO! You would still see the flash when you shoot it,BUT then again it might not matter then!

20. VN350X10

VN350X10

Jeez....back when I was a kid, the best selling cap guns were made by Hubley & the selling point was that they LOOKED like real guns...The British outfit that makes Matchbox cars had a P '08 Luger on the market that was so close that the grips would fit on a real Luger.

Of course since guns were so easy to get, the crime problem was MUCH worse than it is now with all of the government "protection" we now have.(snickerchortleguffaw)

uncle albert.

ps. I painted my favorite squirtgun to look like a Nickel plated S&W 29, 6" bbl.