close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Lettering Your GLOCK

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by USC78, May 1, 2006.

1. USC78

USC78

Have any of you out there done this (crayon, white-out, etc.)? What's your preference?

2. rob99rt

rob99rt

Yep... done it.. it's EASY...

Take off slide, remove barrel and spring/guiderod assembly, put in oven set on low temp (170-180). Remove after it gets a little warm, but not so hot that it burns you.

Take crayon and rub it into the grooves, filling them as much as possible, and then let the slide assembly cool.

results:

[​IMG]

I don't think I've touched mine up in over 8 months, and it's been carried every day in an OWB or IWB holster, plus shot at least 200 rounds a month on average during that time.

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

My Goodness, the things we go through to decorate a gun! Baking it now. I guess i need to ask....."Why."?

I really don't care for the white letters, but i did it once, out of 'bordem,' just used a white crayon, and 'no Baking,' it stayed on a G20 slide for as long as i can remember. ;)

CanyonMan

4. rob99rt

rob99rt

I warmed the slide up to make the crayon go into the grooves easier. When I tried doing it at first with the slide cold, the crayon didn't go into the grooves smoothly... it was chunky and was harder to get to look nice. With it warm, it filled the grooves easily/smoothly, and the extra on the slide was very simple to just wipe off with a rag.

Heck, I painted my AR-15 with Norell's gray and Rustoleum flat-black to "decorate it", but everybody's liked how it looks.

decorated AR-15

5. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

6. WillRuss

WillRuss GGGGrandson of a Confederate Corporal

I use a white "Chip Stick" by Turtle Wax on all of my milsurp rifles to highlight crests, serial nubmers, etc. (It's used to fill in deep scratches on car paint finishes.) I never thought about doing it on my G30, but I like the results! It took all of two minutes to do both sides and the serial on the barrel. No heating required, just go over it back and forth a few times in a "+" and "x" directions and it fills in nicely. After that, just rub it with a clean t-shirt or cleaning patch.

[​IMG]

7. Cuckoo Glock

Cuckoo Glock

Nice job WillRuss,thank I'll do my H&K:rollsmiley:

8. USC78

USC78

After reading your posts about having to heat the slide, I decided to see if I was able to do so simply with a hand-held hair dryer. This worked fine and the excess crayon wiped off of the slide easily.

Thanks for the information - - -

9. rob99rt

rob99rt

Didn't think of that... good idea. Having the slide warm helps get rid of the extra crayon gunk, doesn't it?