close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White lettering on Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by countryboy7978, Nov 27, 2004.

1. countryboy7978

countryboy7978

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been reading posts for some time. I finally bought my first Glock (from topglock.com) and I'm awaiting its shipment to my FFL next week hopefully. Guess which caliber I went with? Yep, the 10mm in the full size Glock 20.

My question is how exactly do you do the white lettering on the side of the slide? I think it looks sharp. I've read white crayon, white-out, model paint, you name it, but how do you do it without getting it on the rest of the slide? And if so, what do you use to remove the excess with, without ruining the lettering in the engraved part.

Also what are the best practice rounds to fire from the Glock 20? I'm going to order the double tap 180gr. practice loads, but what about the mainstream stuff? Blazer, UMC, etc.?
    I'm looking for something hot! I already own 9mm, .380, and .22cal pistols and several rifles and I'm looking for some real boomers that kick.

Thanks ya'll

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Most use the white crayon.

some use white-out.

3. klmmicro

klmmicro

Clean the lettered area with alcahol and then just use a Crayola. Easy and cheap.

4. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

I've been shooting my standard DT defense loads so far. I guess I was doing that primarily to make sure they'd shoot the 135 grain loads without any problems (they did).
    I'd get some of Mike's good match loads, and then shoot some of his defense loads when you really want to get popped by some recoil. My guess is that his heavier bullets would recoil the most as that is normally the trend (but not always).

5. protozo1

protozo1

If you want hotter loads go with the double tap. Even their practice loads are better than most production stuff and the price is just about the same. If you find the recoil on the really hot stuff is to much many will recomend a heavier recoil spring. If you do a search on the recoil spring there is a ton of discussion. If the search feature is shut off just go through the 10 ring threads and you'll find something on it. I think you'll really enjoy you 10mm, congrats!

6. G33

Second the Double Tap ammo.
    Great stuff.:)

7. Johnny Kitchens

Johnny Kitchens

If you want to use model paint, it is easy. You could use gold or silver or red to be different. Just clean out the lettering, could use brake cleaner. Paint in the grooves and don't worry about getting it outside of the lettering. Now with a paper towel or a piece of cloth, dampened with paint thinner, rub it over the lettering. It will remove the paint outside of the grooves. Just make sure the cloth or paper towel is smooth and won't go down into the grooves and the results will look great. It works with liquid paper as well...

8. KWBSales

KWBSales

CB7978:
    Do a search on Brownells website for: LACQUER-STIK . They offer Red, Black, White, Gold and Silver.

9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

You people and your lettering threads, :) I saw a small box of crayons in the checkout aisle and I just had to get them. I do like how it looks:)

You people are a bad influence;)

10. G33

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Avast!!!! Shiver me timbers, what a courtly young lass you are sailing over there on the horizon. Makes me want to sing a chorus of "Blow the man down":cool: