WHITE HOUSE SOURCE: TRUMP MADE UNEXPECTED HOSPITAL VISIT TO TEST FOR INTENTIONAL POISONING

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Agonizer, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Gundude

Gundude

How long does the President have to wait after his food taster tastes his food before he can feel comfortable eating it? :confused:

He must eat a lot of cold or reheated food. :D

Although maybe he needs to hire a reheater observer too to make sure the guy who reheats it isn't slipping something in there.

CAcop likes this.
  2. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Wonder if he can roll down the window in Air Force one to flick his pickle??

What is the terminal velocity of a pickle chip from 35,000 feet??
    [​IMG]

Ricky Ricardo and PBCounty like this.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Sure he has a royal taster! He also has a court jester, also known as The Fool!!

E3F27C41-9241-49D6-BCEE-917CB3648DEB.png

Ricky Ricardo, rayzer007 and FullClip like this.
  4. Taz

Taz

Hmmmmm. Out of date gas station sushi, InfoWars or CNN. Which can I trust????? Yup. Sushi it is.

Cambo and BigBluefish like this.
  5. PBCounty

PBCounty

Maybe I'm goofy, but as someone who has worked venues that hosted Presidents, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a designated taster. Those guys even inspected ceramic dishes for their potential as weapons.

B C and Agonizer like this.
  6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

:puking:

: puking :

agtman and NMG26 like this.
  7. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

African or European?

Ricky Ricardo and FullClip like this.
  8. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Would depend if it was laden or unladen of course.

BigBluefish likes this.
  9. Gundude

Gundude

So is this a taster to see if the venue's food doesn't embarrass them before it's served, or is it seriously a security precaution? I still have a hard time seeing how a taste can prevent an intentional poisoning, given how slow-acting poisons can be.

Atomic Punk likes this.
  10. InValhalla

InValhalla

This hospital visit does have the Left all riled up and and I'm sure hoping for the worst.

The gym where I work out in the morning has a whole bank of large screen monitors on the wall... ESPN, Fox, CNN, etc playing all the time. Unfortunately I found myself in front of the one with CNN this morning and they were talking about it.

I caught myself laughing out loud when the CNN commentator said that there was a genuine concern as to the health and welfare of the POTUS and the public had a right to know what was going on.

Yeah... I'm sure they're concerned! They're hoping that his blood pressure is somewhere close to 210 / 150 and he had pain up an down his chest and arms.

Lying b*st*rds.

IV

zeke501 and FullClip like this.
  11. Ricky Ricardo

Ricky Ricardo Incorrigible

So...who in the hell would want to be a food taster looking for poison?

FullClip likes this.
  12. PBCounty

PBCounty

I don't know. I never spoke to the viability of such a precaution. I'm just saying with some of the stuff I've heard of them doing for event security, I would not be surprised if they included that.

13. Slackinoff

Slackinoff Bathed in lavender and gasoline

I did. Seems like the most mid evil way to ensure the president's health. And how effective? Lot of deadly poisons to choose from that kill slow. The president isn't eating day old food, much less 6h old food.

14. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Laugh if you must. They almost got the elder Bush one time. Missed it by that much lol!! Puked all over the prime ministers shoes then laid his head in his lap! The only time his food taster was home sick.

george-h-bush-kiichi-miyazawa.jpg

:fishing: :fist: :fred:

Wake_jumper likes this.
  15. Agonizer

Agonizer .

I don't know why it would be so hard to believe the president would have a food taster.

Snopes(yes, but they are talking about Obama):
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/taste-buds/

"The US Secret Service has always refused to confirm that US presidents travel with a food “taster,” in line with their policy of discretion on all security related issues.
    But it is known the Service goes to great lengths to scrutinise the source and the preparation of food served to US presidents whenever they eat out of the White House to ensure it is not tampered with,

Nonetheless, a March 2013 report about President Obama’s supposedly declining to partake of the main course during a lunch meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill because his taster was not present apparently took many readers by surprise:

“Unfortunately, you know, the president can’t,” said [Maine Senator Susan] Collins when asked if Obama ate at the lunch meeting.
    ““He looked longingly at it,” Collins continued. “He honestly did look longingly at it, but apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over so, but he did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

16. Agonizer

Agonizer .

17. Agonizer

Agonizer .

18. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

19. Gundude

Gundude

A lot of "probably", "likely", and "essentially" in those stories. Of course they have somebody who ensures their food isn't tampered with. The idea that it's a "taster" who needs to take a bite and then wait (for what amount of time?) to make sure he doesn't croak before the President eats is ridiculous. But obviously eating food from unknown origin is risky. I wonder how Trump and Clinton got all that McDonalds food cleared. I assume they just don't let on that it's for the President. Still though, McDonalds food, even untampered with, is pretty sketchy.

20. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Democrats hired a Russian spy to check trump food.
    :)

agtman likes this.