White House Campaign Urges Legal Immigrants to Become (Voting) Citizens(Before 2016 elections)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Tacoma, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Tacoma

Tacoma

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/18/us/white-house-campaign-legal-immigrants-citizenship.html?_r=0

If this proceeds ahead, most likely with the enthusiastic support of Boehner & McConnell , it will render the silly republican debates moot, this would escalate the evil of Obama to the next, and final chapter, and it will initiate civil war, as it should!

2. janice6

janice6

I can't afford any more "free stuff"!

3. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Legal immigrants becoming citizens? Isn't that how it's supposed to work? What exactly are we getting upset about?

4. walt cowan

walt cowan

Agents treason and white genocide.

5. Tacoma

Tacoma

How dense can one get, 8.8 million in one year, with Obama and the democratic party either breaking or ignoring every law on the books in order to accomplish the deed? You kids are so naive its almost scary, naive and stupid to boot! This would ensure that you, and your fellow naive youth, live under a one party system in perpetuity, and you can be sure that you will go to your grave, as well as might your children and grandchildren, before it might swing back the other way!

janice6 likes this.
  6. pugman

pugman

I don't think its a question of getting upset.

I think its more if you came to this country with the intent purpose of staying why does it take a "campaign" to encourage citizenship.

7. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Probably a mixture of ignorance and fear on the immigrants' part.

When my ancestors came to this country and were chided by people like Tacoma as wops, it was easy to become a citizen. Nowadays its a damned ordeal. Legal immigrants absolutely should be encouraged to take it all the way and become naturalized citizens.

As for the push to vote...well..."Vote or die" sound familiar? This country has abysmal voter turnouts. Anything we can do to encourage citizens to make their voices heard is a good thing, no matter if they're naturalized or American-born.

8. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

I don't see anything in the linked article about breaking or ignoring laws.

9. nursetim

nursetim

If they are American citizens, absolutely they should vote. How can any conservative not want people to exercise their right to vote?