Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I haven't received it yet, but I'll soon own my first suppressor, one rated for a .22. I am starting to look for a bull profile, light weight, threaded barrel to replace the all steel Hogue barrel on my current 10/22. Tac-Sol seems to be the obvious choice, but do any of you have any firsthand experience with the accuracy of one? Volquartson also makes one, any opinions on one of those? Does anyone know of other good quality, short (16-17") barrels that fit my criteria?
Thanks!

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
I have a Volquartsen Carbon Fiber on one of my 10/22s. Can't be beat and doubt you find one lighter.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Volquartsen Carbon Fiber on one of my 10/22s. Can't be beat and doubt you find one lighter.
I have heard good things about this barrel, so I think my procurement fate is sealed. I have also read that the Tac Sol has a somewhat spotty accuracy rate.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tacsol was not necessarily a tackdriver, but I fed it mostly federal bulk ammo.
I use a Volquartsen CF too. Very light, very accurate. Love it.
Well, there we go, that sums up all that I have been hearing in consecutive posts, thanks guys, Volquartsen it is...
(and I really was drawn to the Tac-Sol barrel, too! Oh well, not as much as I am drawn to accuracy, I guess...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.