Ruger Which Ultra-Light 10/22 Barrel for my new GemTec can?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by OMCHamlin, Jan 23, 2017.

1. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Guys, I haven't received it yet, but I'll soon own my first suppressor, one rated for a .22. I am starting to look for a bull profile, light weight, threaded barrel to replace the all steel Hogue barrel on my current 10/22. Tac-Sol seems to be the obvious choice, but do any of you have any firsthand experience with the accuracy of one? Volquartson also makes one, any opinions on one of those? Does anyone know of other good quality, short (16-17") barrels that fit my criteria?
    Thanks!

2. hump2

hump2

I have been using Volquartsen since the mid 90's - currently loving the New and improved Carbon Barrels just fantastic results

3. ede

ede

I have a Volquartsen Carbon Fiber on one of my 10/22s. Can't be beat and doubt you find one lighter.

4. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

I have heard good things about this barrel, so I think my procurement fate is sealed. I have also read that the Tac Sol has a somewhat spotty accuracy rate.

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

My tacsol was not necessarily a tackdriver, but I fed it mostly federal bulk ammo.
    It did function well and allowed my sparrow to be used. That's what I had it for.

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil

I use a Volquartsen CF too. Very light, very accurate. Love it.

7. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Well, there we go, that sums up all that I have been hearing in consecutive posts, thanks guys, Volquartsen it is...
    (and I really was drawn to the Tac-Sol barrel, too! Oh well, not as much as I am drawn to accuracy, I guess...)