close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

which striker has more power? glock 19 vs Steyr S9

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CyByte, Aug 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CyByte

CyByte Fourm_Tard

when I dry fire the steyr S9 it is not as loud as the glock 19 was. Also is smoother, not sure if that is weight distribution and design or what not.

I am wondering about hard primers (you know worst case whatever situation)

just curious which striker has more power to get past dirty/hard primers? Glock 19 or Steyr S9?

2. Delta-9

Delta-9 ( Jon )

This is from my M9 and was termed "normal" by Steyr (via email). I think this are rather hard strikes, making it safe for even the hardest of primers:

[​IMG]

FYI, the M9 and S9 are basically the same gun as far as firing pin (and just about everything else besides barrel length) goes.

3. matt7184

matt7184 Millennium Member

My M9 does the same thing.

4. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000

5. uncowboy

uncowboy

Looking at the fired primers from live ammo after it was fired is not a good way to tell what is going on. The case recoils into the firing pin and causes the dent, To tell what your striker is doing fill some primer pockets of spent cases with soft lead and only let the striker hit it once. Then this could be measured. J.Michael

6. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000

7. uncowboy

uncowboy

I posted a new thread by accident;g A live primer will recoil into the firing pin giving you a false reading. I all ready tried this unsucessfully. J.Michael

8. Delta-9

Delta-9 ( Jon )

How about using just the primer and holding the slide in place with your other hand. I can't imagine the primer is that strong that it could move/injure your hand.

This is probably a very stupid idea, but I figured it was worth mention.

9. uncowboy

uncowboy

You won't hurt your hand but the primer has enough force to flaten itself out on the shot. often when shooting just a primer you will have the cup invert and jam the firing pin hole . This will jam a revolver. Either way you will get a false reading. That is also why you have to drill out the flash holes in brass that you are going to use for wax bullets. J.Michael

10. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Check to see that the guns are unloaded of course, then see which one "shoots" a #2 pencil the farthest..;)

11. CyByte

CyByte Fourm_Tard

if you let me know the angle, height from the floor, and distance your glock 9mm shoots a #2 pencil I will let you know how far my S9 shoots one :)

12. noway

noway

If the gun are in good condition, who would care what has more striker-energy ;Q

I think in order to test the striker enegry/force apply you would need some type gauge to measure the striker energy when fired. And if you aren't joking, the pencil wouldn't tell you anything, to many issues with friction on the pencil and barrel and depending on which end you stick in the barrel ( rubber or squred unsharpen ).

IMHO: the lead example would be the best IMHO in determining energy by just measure the indentation left in the soft lead. Clay would be a another subsitute, that might work.