Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recommend me a good light for edc that can fit on my key chain. would prefer something around 80-90 lumen and has three power settings and some strobe/beacon features. Been looking online and there are tons of choices. I would prefer to keep it at AAA and small/lightweight so that it actually gets carried instead of left at home or in the car. what have you used that works well? Thanks in advance. :wavey:
(looking at the quark mini AA but wish there was a AAA version of it)

·
in ur rearview
888 Posts
Maratac aaa from county comm
ITP A3 - all ITP lights are on sale at battery junction right now
Fenix E01 or E05

·
Cheese?
9,976 Posts
+1 on Fenix LD01. It's ridiculous how much brightness and life this little rocket provides. Can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
What's the deal with all the conflicting info on the LDO1? I've searched this light and found its max lumens rated at 72, 75, 78, 80, and 85. The Official Fenix site has two screens shots, one saying 85 and the other 80.

I've also found an LD01 R2 and LD01 R4. The R4 version shows a low setting of 3 lumens and max 72 -78 (it varies depending on source). The R2 version shows a low setting of 9 lumens and max 80 - 85 (again depending on the source).

So I get that they they upgraded the Cree on the R2 giving it greater output (for the same price as the R4), but why so much conflicting information? Also, considering they are the same price and there are no markings on the unit, how do you know which one you are getting? Are you just supposed to trust that the outlet has the one they are advertising? I would hope the specs come on the box or something.

·
Banned
2,402 Posts
What's the deal with all the conflicting info on the LDO1? I've searched this light and found its max lumens rated at 72, 75, 78, 80, and 85. The Official Fenix site has two screens shots, one saying 85 and the other 80.

I've also found an LD01 R2 and LD01 R4. The R4 version shows a low setting of 3 lumens and max 72 -78 (it varies depending on source). The R2 version shows a low setting of 9 lumens and max 80 - 85 (again depending on the source).

So I get that they they upgraded the Cree on the R2 giving it greater output (for the same price as the R4), but why so much conflicting information? Also, considering they are the same price and there are no markings on the unit, how do you know which one you are getting? Are you just supposed to trust that the outlet has the one they are advertising? I would hope the specs come on the box or something.
Email 4sevens. They are typically very responsive.

Or ask your question in the 4sevens sub-forum on candlepowerforums.

You'd be surprised how may large corporations (and Fenix isn't that big) don't update their websites regularly. And their resellers probably don't either.

LD01 = brighter than a traditional incandescent multi-cell Mag -- but in your pocket. It's great.

·
Cheese?
9,976 Posts
Not sure what's up with the specs.

but, as above, it's a AAA light that's absolutely keychain-positive (and I HATE having stuff on my keychain!).

All the light of a 3D Maglight, or just enough to find your way around without waking people up, in a light smaller than my finger. I literally consider it a miracle of technology.

Unless you have needs that are clearly not addressed by something in the spec, you should have this light on your keychain, IMHO. I don't have a higher recommendation for a product.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I have the Maratac and it's awesome. It has medium, low, and high but no SOS or strobe.

Greg

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Another vote for a 4Sevens light. They are better than lights costing 10X as much! I would put them against an overpriced Surefire ANY DAY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since I was originally looking at the mini quark AA I am really starting to like the looks of the ldo1 and preon revo. Can you run 10440 batteries in either? and can you get the new xp-g s2 in an aluminum body for the revo instead of steel? trying to keep it lighter and cheaper. with their claimed higher outputs on the newer revo it should put out about 100 lumens

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Another vote for the iTP A3EOS. I got mine from Shiningbeam.com. Go to Candlepowerforums.com and ask those folks. They are the GT of flashlights. Lots of good info there. I have had my iTP for about a year. It is great. Plenty bright on high. Medium is good for everyday use. Low is good when just a little light is needed. Runs on 1 AAA battery.

·
Anti-Federalist
2,022 Posts
+1 on Fenix LD01. It's ridiculous how much brightness and life this little rocket provides. Can't recommend it enough.
+1 This is a great light.

·
Banned
2,402 Posts

·
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!
6,256 Posts
I have a Quark Titanium Mini 123 on my keyring......I don't go anywhere without it.
I have given 10 of 'em as gifts. Not a AAA battery (it uses the C123a batteries) but it has three brightness levels (HIGH is 189 lumens!) plus strobe, SOS and 2 beacon brightness levels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts