Price will be the same no/charge!

So tell me what you think.

Thanks to the Sig-Sauer people.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Duty/Range gun = P226
CCW/Off Duty = P229.

I had a P229R in 357 Sig and loved it. I will get another... one day...

How is the 229 to CC???

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
How is the 229 to CC???
I carry my P229 in the dead of winter. With a Bianchi Carry-Loc holster it it not too bad. It is nothing you will forget is there, but it is not uncomfortable and it is definitely comforting.

One thing to keep in mind is that these double stack Sigs are pretty darn thick. It is at the limit of how large a grip I can handle. The rubber grips are slimmer than the wood.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The P229 is not too bad to conceal. Not the best for summer time t-shirt carry, but definitely concealable with a jacket/coat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have no trouble carrying a 229 and find it conceals IWB for me easily. I also find it to be a fine reange gun for extended shooting sessions.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
That's what I carry. All 41 ounces of stainless steel (weighed with empty mag per SiG).

WOW! What do you do in the summer?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
That's what I carry. All 41 ounces of stainless steel (weighed with empty mag per SiG).

That gun is way too manly for you. Send it to me and I will send you your Ruger LCP in exchange for it. :)

·
Registered
GLOCK® 19X
4,152 Posts
The SIG Sauer P229 was the pistol the 357 SIG cartridge was originaly made for..
I don't think you can get a better answer than that..
Bought my first one in 1993..
Great carry size & a very powerfull 9mm cartridge plus you can also buy a 40 S&W barrel too..
Gary

·
Deals in Facts
13,433 Posts
The SIG Sauer P229 was the pistol the 357 SIG cartridge was originaly made for..
I don't think you can get a better answer than that..
Bought my first one in 1993..
Great carry size & a very powerfull 9mm cartridge plus you can also buy a 40 S&W barrel too..
Gary
Yup, and mine, shown above, was only available in .40 S&W, and I subsequently swapped the .40 barrel for a Bar Sto 9mm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
P229 Elite all the way. I have had one for quite awhile. The 14rd SCT mags work very well.

If you are going to "TAC" it out get the P226, the light/laser combo and the drop thigh holster along with the 20rd(9mm) or 15rd(40) magazines.

The P226 is my favorite 9mm handgun. My next will be a X5 TAC.
The P229 is my favorite 40/357SIG handgun. I have owned many models.

SPAD

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought a .40 short and very weak.

I am working on a deal to get a 226 in .357 Sig caliber!

It's my gun butt I will have to pay 1/3 value to a liar to get it back!

William Shakespear said in one of his plays, "First kill all the lawyers (Liars)!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts