close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which rear sling mount?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Glockernaut, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Glockernaut

Glockernaut

I have to complete my primary weapon(M4) system:supergrin:. I need a sling. After some researching the magpul MS2 seems like a good option because of its versatility. Botach is having a good deal on the MS2 sling and magpul ASAP rear mount plate right know. The mount is cast steel. What is the word on the durability/quality these and/or what do you guys use for a single point sling mount? Feel free to talk me out of the magpul MS2 if you have experience with better sling systems. Thanks.

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I like the MS2 over armor or a decent jacket, its a bit narrow without something to pad it.

3. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

4. furioso2112

furioso2112

I like my MS2. I also like one that I got from BCM that has a short length of bungy-type material at each end - it makes carrying my front-heavy Sig556 much more palatable.

I also like the ASAP, although it is also not necessarily the be-all end-all. I have a MI (Midwest Industries?) that has 3 QD mount points - center, left, and right. Less convenient than the ASAP if you want to maximize usefulness for switching shoulders, but the ASAP rattles a bit, although not a deal-breaker amount.

5. jdm0506

jdm0506

I've got the MS2, and while I like the convertible aspect of it, I can't say that I'm the hugest fan. There's a swivel on the end that you clip up front. Due to this, I've found that the sling gets twisted all too easily, resulting in it digging into your body and causing some discomfort. I'd personally wait for the MS3 (god only knows when it's coming out), as it looks like it's lacking that swivel.

As far as the ASAP plate, I like it a lot. The ring that they have attached to the plate can be annoying at first. Also, if installed in front of an ACS stock, you have to be sure to move it out of the way when fully collapsing your stock.

Overall, good gear. Can't comment on anything else as these two pieces of equipment are my first venture into buying slings and attachment points.

6. g21owner

g21owner

I just got the MS2 and I like it but it could be better. It does like to dig into your neck/shoulder and when the "Alligator" clip is mounted on the front sling swivel, it likes to gouge into the bottom rail. Also, it's sort of a Bit*h to adjust it down tight.

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I think I'll move it to my SBR whenever it gets built, and use a good 2 point on my 16".

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I use the KZ 2-point tactical sling which is a good copy of the VTAC for half the price. I have practiced with it on my M4gery to the point that it is very comfortable to use and I can manipulate it fine for social occasions.

9. sickboy013

sickboy013

I opted for the ikickhippies SLAP plate. It's available at http://www.ikickhippies.com/ for $20. I'm very happy with it.

Just another option.

10. vettely

vettely

I am using the magpul plate but wish I had the ikickhippies. It looks like a nice design.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I'm buying a SLAP plate just because he hates smelly hippies.

12. vettely

vettely

Another +1 for the SLAP. Hippies = zombies and zombies probably do'nt smell as bad.

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I can stand zombies, they know not what they do, but hippies... that's another level of idiocy beyond solanum.

14. Six Feet Under

Six Feet Under

I like my ASAP plate a lot.