Which pistol brace?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Z71bill, Dec 28, 2019.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Blow back 9mm AR's typically have more recoil than regular 5.56 utilizing a buffer assembly.

I agree however, the blade is the best bet, lighter and better material IMO.

2. DrewBone

DrewBone

Say what? I built a 9mm Glock mag lower AR pistol with an 8.5" barrel that produced practically no recoil, in fact it had such little recoil and was so boring to shoot that I sold it (along with a 9mm Colt mag lower AR carbine) before sending less than 50 rounds down the pipe.

3. DrewBone

DrewBone

I've been contemplating the same thing for months now in regards to what type of brace to attach to my CZ 805 BREN S1 pistol, and after painstakingly searching and comparing this one to that one I finally came to the conclusion that all the pistol braces, especially those that were designed to attach to AR type pistols/buffer tubes were absolutely hideous contraptions. I certainly don't mind spending money but while I'm doing so I'd like to get something substantial for my money...but geez, the SB braces sure are flimsy and overpriced for $169-$199, the SIG folding brace does nothing for me and requires a picatinny adapter, the Tailhook requires some type of buffer or other type attachment tube, etc.

So since I never just buy something just to buy something, I threw my hands up in the air in disgust and sent out a Form 1 to SBR the CZ, to which I plan on adding the CZ factory 805 BREN collapsible/side folding stock to, to put an end to this pistol brace silliness:

[​IMG]

4. syntaxerrorsix

True story.

Blowback 9mm has more recoil than 5.56 using a buffer system.

GP4L, heavyduty and faawrenchbndr like this.
  5. DrewBone

DrewBone

True story.

My perception of the recoil generated from the blowback 9mm AR pistol that I built was that it's recoil was less than any of the dozen or more standard AR rifles that I've owned, and I will remain convinced of this thanks to my own personal experiences :D

6. syntaxerrorsix

Perception is reality so the story goes...

7. DrewBone

DrewBone

You seem to be relying alot on "stories"...I however prefer the reality of my own experiences.

8. syntaxerrorsix

Uh, not sure where you got that idea. I've got plenty of experience with both. Both AR-9s and other PCC's like the Scorpion as well as a half dozen AR-15s in varying barrel lengths.