close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which part of a glock...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by knivesandguns, Jan 1, 2010.

1. knivesandguns

knivesandguns KNOWS Kershaw

Which part of a glock is considered the "firearm" part? (which one can only be shipped via FFL?) Is it the barrel? Slide?

Thanks!

2. BADSBSNF81

BADSBSNF81

It is the frame,everything else is just parts.

3. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

In any gun, the frame is ATFE's definition of a firearm.

4. TeddyB

TeddyB

Sorry but you are wrong on that one Polak. Kel-Tec only puts the serial number on the trigger mechanism and if that is pulled out of the frame then the frame is just a piece of plastic and and can be shipped by parcel post. They even list it as a replacement part and will send it to any person.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart2/product_info.php?products_id=233

5. just a shooter

just a shooter

also Ruger .22 pistols (22/45 mkII and mkIII and similar)the barrel is the "gun" the frame can be bought after market. as well as HK MP5 and similar the trigger group that would look like the frame is also after market and comes with the happy switch:wow: but the parts that make that gun "full auto" are elsewhere in the gun.

so sorry, this blanket statement, as with others, is incorrect.:whistling:

6. SnowCajun

SnowCajun Old, no cure!

I don't pretend to know the answer to this debate, but I have seen this statement on Ten-Ring Precision, Inc.'s web page about shipping the frame of your Glock to them for custom work. This is what their statement says,

All you need to send in is your lower unit without the magazine. Since it is only gun parts you can send it by US Mail, UPS Ground, or Fed Ex Ground. Obviously it must be legal to send in just the frame and trigger component without the slide and barrel included for work since they're not needed, and that way all the FFL gunshop fees aren't necessary. Like I said, this is what I saw, I'm not trying to preach the legality of it one way or the other.

7. TRX450R_Racer

TRX450R_Racer Punisher

On a Glock the frame is the firearm. Also the statement above about the KelTec is correct.