close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which One for Concealed Carry...33 or 30SF?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by AWESOMO 4000, Jan 4, 2010.

1. AWESOMO 4000

AWESOMO 4000

Hello -

So I had today off, and went looking at a new concealed carry piece. I originally got a P229R in .357SIG as what I thought would be a good carry gun. It is an awesome pistol, but for lugging around....not a fan. It is a very heavy, boxy 4" service pistol with jagged corners and a hammer that digs into my side when sitting down.

I went looking at Glocks again...I have it narrowed down between a Glock 33 and a 30SF. The 32/23/19 are out, they are a bit too big for carrying/concealing. The 30SF is a tick thick, but with the flat plate 9rd magazine, I think it makes sense.

The 33 looks pretty appealing too. It really is a pocket pistol with .357 Magnum performance. I haven't shot one yet. I also like the .40 S&W interchangeability with a barrel swap - want to get a .40 barrel for my 229 as well. Not a big .40 fan, but it's nice to have options.

Anyone here have both of these or experience carrying either? I love my SIG, but it is better suited as a range or house gun, or if I ever am on duty one day (looking at a career change to LE possibly...). I am looking for something I will actually have on me, and not leave in my console because it's a lug.

Thanks!

2. Larry V

Larry V

I love my 30 SF for ccw

3. DHSGMAN

DHSGMAN Combat Veteran

I've had both and the 30SF is the hands down winner. accuracy was the chief motivator.

4. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

i have the 26 and i had the 27 same as the 33 you will love it is the most comfortable CCW of the Glocks and i some time carry my G17

5. TEXAS_GLOCKER

TEXAS_GLOCKER

if you want the smallest package go with the 33, but to tell you the truth there is very little difference in the size from the 30 and the 32,23, and 19.
    Good Luck.:wavey:

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

7. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I carry my G30SF on occasion. It works but besides the thickness, it is a very top heavy gun in a holster with the mag up in the air. You will need a very stout gun belt (i.e., 1.5" reinforced or horsehide) to carry it properly OWB. Crossbreed Supertuck works pretty well IWB. The more I carry my new G26, the less I'm interested in going back.

8. Seayall

Seayall

I would have to agree...I carry a G32 daily in a Milt Sparks with zero issues.

9. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

I've carried my 33 IWB for years, it is still the go-to gun. I like my 29 as well, but it is a whole 'nother ballgame carrying all day vs the 33.

10. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

As the quote on the top says, the balance of the 30 is noticeably higher. I think a 32/23 such as the second quote mentions is much better balanced than a 30. Gee, if only there were such a thing as a 30/36 hybrid... :whistling:

11. PARRIS G-23

PARRIS G-23

I use to carry a 33 everyday. Great little gun that conceals easy. I regret selling it. Now my main carry gun is a 23. Love it and have 100% faith in it. To be honest, it's just as easy to conceal IWB as compared to the 33. JMHO!

12. New2GT

New2GT

33, it's smaller and allows you to use the same ammo as your 229, which you can relegate to HD/nightstand duty.