Which nights sights / holster will fit Glock 30s?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by LostAngel, Feb 12, 2013.

1. LostAngel

LostAngel

Bought a new Glock 30s. I would like to put night sights on it. Will the 36 sights fit it?

Also, which holster will fit it? Any holster for a Glock 30?

Sorry if this has been discussed previously...

Patrick

:wavey:

2. LostAngel

LostAngel

No one knows? Or no one cares? Is it because I am new?

3. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

Hello, LostAngel. No. It's not 'cause you are new.LOL. It's 'cause the pistol is new. I don't know the answer to your question, and I would guess not many do yet. Holster makers get samples early for production of their goods. They will be hitting the web and shelves more and more in the very near future. I would try a holster for the 36... It's the same slide thickness as the 30s, so it might work. I dunno. If not, just be patient. And, welcome.

4. LostAngel

LostAngel

LOL no problem. Actually, since the slide is narrower than the frame at it's widest point, I bought a holster for a 30. It seems to fit. It's a tad tight, but it's leather and I figured, like any leather, it will stretch a little.

The night sights are really my main concern. You would think that a Glock 36 sight would fit, but I don't want to order them (My LGS doesn't stock them for the 36) and then have to hastle with sending them back if they won't fit.

5. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Go with the night sights for a Glock 21 It will work not sure about the 36

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

7. Scrappy

Scrappy

ANy holster for the G19 or G23 should work.
    Sights? Not sure

8. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Incorrect. Any holster for the G19/23 that uses kydex or like material on both sides will not accommodate the 30s. For example the bladetech razor and the fobus paddle holster for the g19/23 will NOT accommodate the 30s.

The Galco super tuk and crossbreed style holsters will because they have a leather backing and have the combat cut so the grip width isn't really an issue.

9. LostAngel

LostAngel

I would "assume" that any kydex holster for the Glock 30sf would work. Might be a little loose where the slide is, but should grip correctly on the frame. But you know what happens when you ass u me?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Negative Ghost Rider.

11. Waffen HK

Waffen HK

I'm in the same boat for sights, but I did just receive a Galco USA holster for a G30 and it fits well. It's not a molded holster so maybe that's why it fits, works for me.

12. IXC

IXC

You will want sights that work on the 36. The 30s is a 36 slide on a 30sf frame.

13. LostAngel

LostAngel

That was my understanding as well, but Glock customer service won't answer their emails. My LGS doesn't keep the sights for the 36 in stock. So they would have to be ordered, and then returned if they don't fit, or gun shop intern damages them trying to force them. (Stranger things have happened)

14. Gperfection

Gperfection

I put the standard, (one hash mark) factory night sights on both my G21SF and G36, even though Glock calls for the taller (one short hash mark over the longer hash mark) rear sight. I prefer the, point of aim, point of impact that the shorter (lower) rear sight affords. In other words, instead of a 6 o'clock hold, you just cut the bullseye in half, with your sight plain. When I finally get a G30S, I will install the standard height rear sight on it. As far as the holster, get one for a G30SF.

15. jhc37013

jhc37013

Wouldn't 36 sights be the right fit, the 30s has the exact same slide correct and the frame plays no role?

I want Ameriglo Idot pros and it list the set GL-203 as fitting the 20, 21, 29, 30, 31, 32, 36 so this set should be a safe bet wouldn't you think.

Also the GL-204 if you want a yellow rear.

16. jhc37013

jhc37013

I just called Glock and they said any .45 sights will work with the 30s like those made for the 36 and 21.

17. sam.i.am

sam.i.am

For my 30s, I use the holster for my 17. It took a little bit to wear it in but now it fits perfectly fine. So does my 17. Two wins!!

18. Glock23shooter

Glock23shooter FN Herstal

i could have swore the G36 and G30s Sights would fit......as the G36 sights fits all the other basic 9mm, .40 & .357 sig models?