Which night sights..

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Eric H, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Eric H

Eric H

Decided it was finally time to upgrade the horrible sights on my 19.....
    Narrowed it down to either the Ameriglo Idot pro or the new Ameriglo agents from Brownells.

Roughly the same price... I carry this weapon daily, and shoot it atleast every other weekend. Which ones should I go for?

2. Cali.Glock

Cali.Glock

I have the I-Dot Pro's and I really like them, but if I were in your place, I would take the Agents for sure.

The Agents improve upon a couple of weaknesses in the (very popular) Trijicon HD's design. Many would agree that it's high profile makes it susceptible to get caught up in things in regular handling and digging into your body when carrying. The HD's also have sharp edges.

The Agents are basically the Trijicon HD's with a low profile and rounded edges, and that makes for a great set of sights.

[​IMG]

By the way, if you order it from Brownell's (still on sale for $84.99) you can get free shipping with code M7R.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    DLL9mm and Eric H like this.

3. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

The Agents look good I have not had any dealings with them.
    I have the Tru Glo TFOs On my G-19 and really like them for night or day.

cptnawesome and Eric H like this.
  4. Grizzlydark

Grizzlydark

I’ve mentioned the Henning Battlehook sights before. I’ve ran night sights of all kinds over the years. As I’ve mentioned I don’t care for three Dot sights of any kind so I ordered the Battlehook sights with a plain black serrated rear with tritium front only. I ordered them from Midway when they had a sale on them. They are the best compromise between a fast combat sight and precision sight I’ve ever used. And yes they work as advertised. That are TOUGH! I have cycled my G41 using the rear sight on wood, belt, pockets, boots etc. Not a scratch, gouge or booger mark anywhere on the sight. Did I say they are TOUGH?! Plus the longer rear sight trough really does help in precision longer range shooting. Just throwing another option your way.

Link: https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/9...MIsYP2l6TN2AIV1rXACh1-9AjeEAQYAiABEgLbRvD_BwE

Eric H likes this.
  5. Heath Ern

Heath Ern

I really like TruGlo TFOs too. I recently sold my OEM Glock night sights to get TFOs for my G32 and G33. The Glock OEM night sights are a great value, but nothing special. The TFOs are noticeably brighter at night, and way brighter during the day.

Since TFOs are no longer the latest trend, you can get a killer deal on them on fleabay. The ones I got happened to come with a rebate, so the will end up costing me about $60 including shipping.

6. bambam33

bambam33

I just switched my i dot pros for XS big dots. I was disappointed how the orange front sight washed out in intermediate light. The other thing I didn't like about the I dot pros was the amount of daylight you have to manage between the front and the rear sight. The front sight is too thin for my liking. I was always afraid of ordering big dots because I thought my accuracy would suffer at 25 yards. I took the plunge and proved myself wrong. Now, I'll be outfitting all of my pistols with them. For my eyes, the white dot contrasting with a black sight is a better combination in intermediate light. There are plenty of folks who can shoot good with I dots and other night sights. It's hard to know what you'll like. Sometimes you just got to start somewhere and figure it out from there. Good luck.

7. Headshot11

Headshot11

I upgraded my G19 sights with Truglo TFX Pros. What a difference when shooting with these old eyes.

8. Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby

Agree - all the benefits of the Trijicon HD and none of the weaknesses, and half price -

Use code M8X for $10 off and free shipping, $75 delivered.

9. Grizzlydark

Grizzlydark

You might want to give those XS sights some time before converting all your pistols. I put a set on my wife’s G19 and 43. The tritium in the rear sight went dark in just a few months. She wanted the stock sights back. When I went to remove the front sight the threaded post twisted right off. This happened on BOTH sets! I contacted XS and sent pictures. They would do nothing to stand behind their sights because I didn’t buy them directly from XS. Sorry for the hi-jack.

10. Superzuki

Superzuki

Tru Glo - TFO's all the way...

11. JustJustin

JustJustin

Ameriglo Bold and/or Ameriglo Agent sights are replacing some Glock OEM Night Sights - they are equally as bright, but to me, the Glock OEM Night Sights are just a little "fuzzy" compared to the Ameriglo (or some others)

12. MRpilot

MRpilot

Both great, it just boils down to preference. Ultimately, I went with the i-dot because I think in a high stress situation, it’s easier to line up 2 dots vertically than 3 dots horizontally. At the range, i-dot is easier/faster for me to acquire and it’s just as accurate as 3 dots.