Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
First - Prayers for you and your battle with cancer. I am kinda in the same boat with you on sights for my 43. I like the idea of not having to find the rear sight notch to align the front sight in,[just stack the dot on the I]but I have big dots on a k-9 and between having issues with my being able to shoot this gun well and the big dot front sight I'm just not sure I like them. btw - I have no problem shooting my G-19 with a glock front night sight and their steel rear sight [squared u]. As for the size of the front sight on the X-S sights, they make a smaller size front size dot that may work better. I'm really looking at some of the sights that have the tritium front sight and a "U" rear notch with a tritium post in the bottom of the U. keep us posted with your choice and how it works for you

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I will add some new info I just came by today. After spending 30 minutes setting up my target on the outdoor range I was going to blast through one of these 450 round magtech "shootin size" boxes of 115 grain FMJ with my G26. I emptied a mag of gold dot +P and while shooting the second or third mag of the target ammo, my front Big Dot disappeared. The screw/bolt holding on the front sight broke right at the head. I found the hex head inside the slide but never did find the tritium, after looking at least an hour. Maybe I should go back when its dark. I've had the sight on the gun for over 5000 rounds, so I think it's just one of those unfortunate things, and not indicative of any quality or design problem with the sight. Probably the same attachment bolt everyone uses anyway.

·
Registered
258 Posts
XS makes the set in what they call the "standard dot tritium" as well. Quite a bit smaller front dot than the big dot, but you still get the advantage of the same rear sight.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
XS makes the set in what they call the "standard dot tritium" as well. Quite a bit smaller front dot than the big dot, but you still get the advantage of the same rear sight.
Here's a picture of one on a G22 - ignore the rear sight, it's not the original partner to the front of course:

G22-1.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Went with the Truglo TFX on my glock 43,love them
Second the TFXes, put them on my G43 also and will probably put them on my 30 and 26 as well.. The trit is nice and bright in the dark and the FO gathers light really well during the day. Outdoor daylight really makes them pop. The sights themselves seem well built and sturdy.

A few pics:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Another vote for Truglo TFX, great for night or day, I have them on 5 pistols, love them. I like the green front and rear, some put yellow rear and green front so the front stands out more. Wishing you all the luck in your battle, I'm a malenoma survivor, so hang tough.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The fiber optics and tritium combo does seem pretty nice. I hope they don't start making them in dot the I style or I'll be tempted to try them, then maybe feel compelled to put them on several guns.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I've had a few Glocks with Nites, esp the Glock 26 GNS model, but really like that
blocky white rear outline that I've looked at for over 25 years.

I had 2 CZs with that setup in tritium from an old company called MMC.

Unless someone comes out with a tritium outline like that, I think I'll
be happy with the stock sights, or just a tritium front.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I put Truglo TFX's on mine as well, but that's just a personal preference.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Uh-oh. I might have messed up. I am expecting to receive a TruGlo TFO front sight only in today's mail for my G43, but I thought the G43 took the same front sight as any other Glock. Hope I didn't get that wrong and have to return it. I have been painting my front sight neon orange with cheap finger nail polish and I like how much easier it is for my 64-year-old eyes to find that sight in IDPA matches. Which is why the TFO appealed to me with the orange fiber optic for day time competitions.

Should know within the next hour or so if I made a boo-boo.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Uh-oh. I might have messed up. I am expecting to receive a TruGlo TFO front sight only in today's mail for my G43, but I thought the G43 took the same front sight as any other Glock. Hope I didn't get that wrong and have to return it. I have been painting my front sight neon orange with cheap finger nail polish and I like how much easier it is for my 64-year-old eyes to find that sight in IDPA matches. Which is why the TFO appealed to me with the orange fiber optic for day time competitions.

I just moved the front sight from my G42 to my G26. See post #22. I'm pretty sure you will be OK.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,750 Posts

Same age, same problem, I do prefer orange as to yellow.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Rocky - Do you find POA a close match with POI? If I get the sight in today's mail, I'll probably install it right away and shoot it in the IDPA match tomorrow with little or no opportunity to test fire the gun. Did you put a drop of Loctite on the little bolt that holds it on the slide?

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,750 Posts
Rocky - Do you find POA a close match with POI? If I get the sight in today's mail, I'll probably install it right away and shoot it in the IDPA match tomorrow with little or no opportunity to test fire the gun. Did you put a drop of Loctite on the little bolt that holds it on the slide?
Hold up, I am a trijicon hd's believer, did not mean to confuse. My Poa and Poi are the same out to 40 yards, I do use red loctite on the hex screw and hole, they suggest a 24 hour cure, you many be a few hours short but I have done it before. By the way I duplicated my match guns as this does happen, and sometimes others need a gun to shoot, good luck.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Use red loctite on the threads and all surfaces that contact the slide and on the bottom of the bolt head. Heating with a hairdryer will allow removal if you need it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts