Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker here for a while, had several Glocks, sold them when I got sick (cancer) but plan to get better, so bought a new Glock 43 and 30S.

Carrying the 43 daily and want night sights. Amazon had a Warehouse Deal, cheap on a set of Trijicons, but, when they got here, only one side of the rear sight glowed.

In the past, I never cared for Trijicons, never thought they glowed very brightly, and thought Meprolights were much better. I am also color blind and that may be part of why I like one brand over another.

So, the Trijicons are headed back to Amazon and I need to get a set of night sights. Since I am paying something like full retail, unlike the Warehouse Deal, I want the "best."

I looked at TruGlow TFOs, and they look interesting, and Trijicons are, of course, available. And, the Big Dots.

Anyone here have a particular brand and/or model they think is the best? Please tell me what they are and, maybe, why you like them over others.

Bob

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I changed all mine that I shoot very often from Trijicon to the XS Big Dots. I don't have great eyesight and they are easy to see and pick up in bright or low light. I also prefer the "dot the I" style to the "three dot." This is how they look on the 43:

G43.1.jpg

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Because I live in metro Atlanta, I've just gone to Glock and had their night sights installed. $60.42 which included tax while you wait. I'm sure there are better alternatives, but I sure like the price and service.

Had them added to my 43 just a little over a week ago.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm also trying to decide on night sights for my 43. I think the Glock option is going to win out. Good luck with your choice, and with your health issues. Sounds like you've got a pretty positive attitude, and that will help.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I really like how bright and visible in any light the Truglo TFO's are. I currently have them on a number of Glocks including my 42. However, the TFO's for the 42/43 are the most delicate. The fiber optic protrudes out the rear of the rear sight with no protection unlike the TFO's for the larger/wider Glocks. Mine are damaged (but still bright) due to that and the fiber optic tubes will most likely come out under recoil eventually. They have excellent warranty and customer service so I will be calling them and asking about repair/replacement. My carry 42 gets thrown into a backpack in a holster that protects the front sight but not the back of the rear sight. I am sure the rear sight rubbed against the rough interior of that pocket. If you are careful of the rear sight and carrying in a manner that prevents anything from rubbing against the fiber optic tube, it might last a long time. I would choose the TFX over the TFO. They are not as bright, but much more durable and the fiber optic tubes are well protected. At least as best they can be.

I will probably be switching to Glock's night sights for my carry 42. They are only $57 plus shipping and/or tax directly from Glock's website.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,483 Posts
Trijicon as well for me, however I have noticed that Wilson Combat just began selling their branded sights for the 42 and 43.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I changed all mine that I shoot very often from Trijicon to the XS Big Dots. I don't have great eyesight and they are easy to see and pick up in bright or low light. I also prefer the "dot the I" style to the "three dot." This is how they look on the 43:

View attachment 258090
I too use the XS Big Dot sights on my 43 as well. Very used to them on my Glock 19 that I carried for such a long time, seemed like the natural thing to do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am pretty well decided on the Trijicons or the Big Dots. One question about the Big Dots-is that front sight so big that it might be a problem in the holsters made for the 43?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I am pretty well decided on the Trijicons or the Big Dots. One question about the Big Dots-is that front sight so big that it might be a problem in the holsters made for the 43?

Thanks,

Bob
Not a problem with any I've seen. I'm using a Remora with mine, but the sight channels on my many, no longer used kydex and leather holsters will accommodate the Big Dot. I checked a dozen of my holsters for G26 and G32 and the Big dot on those fits fine.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,742 Posts

Thanks,

Bob
You might also ask the xs dot owners at what distances they shoot , you may not shoot beyond 15 yards, if longer I recall the dot possibly covering an 8" circle at 25 yards, this may not even be a concern.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
You might also ask the xs dot owners at what distances they shoot , you may not shoot beyond 15 yards, if longer I recall the dot possibly covering an 8" circle at 25 yards, this may not even be a concern.
This is a valid concern. You definitely cover an 8 inch disk at 25 yards. Most of us use Big Dots because we can't even see the targets at 25 yards, so it isn't a big deal. They are not bulls eye sights. I like them for easy to see, quick acquisition, and relatively close range (under 50 feet).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been a lurker here for a while, had several Glocks, sold them when I got sick (cancer) but plan to get better, so bought a new Glock 43 and 30S.

Carrying the 43 daily and want night sights. Amazon had a Warehouse Deal, cheap on a set of Trijicons, but, when they got here, only one side of the rear sight glowed.

In the past, I never cared for Trijicons, never thought they glowed very brightly, and thought Meprolights were much better. I am also color blind and that may be part of why I like one brand over another.

So, the Trijicons are headed back to Amazon and I need to get a set of night sights. Since I am paying something like full retail, unlike the Warehouse Deal, I want the "best."

I looked at TruGlow TFOs, and they look interesting, and Trijicons are, of course, available. And, the Big Dots.

Anyone here have a particular brand and/or model they think is the best? Please tell me what they are and, maybe, why you like them over others.

Bob
Went with the Truglo TFX on my glock 43,love them

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,742 Posts
This is a valid concern. You definitely cover an 8 inch disk at 25 yards. Most of us use Big Dots because we can't even see the targets at 25 yards, so it isn't a big deal. They are not bulls eye sights. I like them for easy to see, quick acquisition, and relatively close range (under 50 feet).
17 yards is still a good distance for self defense. And from what you are doing with the shooting no problem!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts