Which Holster to buy

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBennett, Feb 12, 2010.

1. CBennett

CBennett

Im not very versed in what is good or poor in the land of holsters. I like both kinds leather and Kydex. So far in my quest for a New holster for the Ruger SR9Compact ive run into a few roadblocks as the gun is new. Ive asked,called,emailed quite a few of the better or recommended holster makers that have been recommended or reviewed well by others. The 2 that either are willing to make, have, or make holsters have come down to just a few.

the 2 that either make or can make the holster are Bullard leather and Side Guard leather. any recommendations between those 2 as far as if they are decent?

so far those 2 are the only 2 that returned my emails or calls and said they can or would make one for the SR9c. If you know another that can or does give me a heads up. I am looking to try to keep this $100 or less.

side guard:

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/IWB_Holsters.htm

I was thinking the Black or Brown double snap model.

D.M. Bullard Leather

http://estore.websitepros.com/15655...uns+A-R&searchpath=30774608&start=81&total=81

Rusty Sherrick

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/insidewb.html

the top one

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Wizz

Wizz

I've only dealt with Sparks, Grizzle, and Tucker for leather...but Bullard leather looks to be top notch from the pics.

3. CBennett

CBennett

Sparks id love and IF I could get it in decent time id pull the trigger but you know how that goes. Tucker I believe was one that didnt make it and Grizzle id never heard of but im researching now. Actually TY Wizz i just emailed him to see if he could do one for me also. thanks for the suggestion

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  4. CBennett

CBennett

Tried Grizzle and no go they didnt have the mold.

5. CBennett

CBennett

so so far it looks like the 2 I had listed were the only 2 that do these. or can. or are willing..tried RM for another RM Lowrider and he does not have the mold yet either.

6. CBennett

CBennett

Rusty Sherrick also got back to me and can also make one so add him to the list of possibles. he is a little more expensive but still in the "range" im looking at.