close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Glocks Have a Safety Lock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sigs&glocks, Jul 3, 2004.

1. sigs&glocks

sigs&glocks

Hey guys I need some help on this question. I just recently bought a Glock 29 with fixed sights. I see in the owners manual section that a piece paper comes inside that says your glock has a lock and key which is located at the bottom portion where the magazine ejects. The strange thing is my glock does not have one,is this in only in reference to certain states that make this portion of glocks mandatory to have? Your replies are much appreciated

2. sundevilshane

sundevilshane

I think you are just talking about a standard cable lock which goes down through the slide and frame then locks with a key. I think every new gun that I have bought has come with one of these in the box. Hope that helps...

3. Ol' 12-toes

Ol' 12-toes

Current production glocks can be obtained (as an option) with a key lock in the butt.

I have not, to my knowledge, actually seen one.

Apparently, some feel that this something other than a solution in serarch of a problem.

4. Silver-G27

Silver-G27

it is an optional item not all glocks have what you are talking about ... this is new, they just started putting these built in locks about 6 months ago, again it is still optional.. it goes in the void behind the mag where you would maybe put a jentra plug

it can not be fitting onto old pistols just an optional on new ones

5. Silver-G27

Silver-G27

sorry OL' 12-toes must have been typing when i was lol didn't mean to double post the same thing

6. sigs&glocks

sigs&glocks

Thanx for replying

I was pondering on why my own didnt come with it cause when i called glock and gave them my serial# they told me my gun was made in may of this yr they said it was optional that there new glock pistols come with this extra safety device. But thanx again for replying

7. Planet-Ed

Planet-Ed STOP and RTFM

When I was taking my pistol class to get my concealed handgun permit my instructors glock had one of these safety devices .. According to her they are no worth the trouble of having .. Apparently all glocks that have this lock all use the same key so anyone with a glock key can unlock your glock.

8. sigs&glocks

sigs&glocks

Thanx for letting me know, that really does suck

9. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

It may not be a bad thing to have a common key.I think the main reason for the lock is to prevent children from firing it.If you lost the key you could get it unlocked at the local gun shop.If you had a unique key it could be a while before you got it unlocked.

10. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

Sounds a lot like the HK magwell lock. I think they have universal keys too. I owned a HK USP 40 for a few months, but sold it. The thing with the HK USP lock is that if you lock it and manage to rack the slide without unlocking it, it kinks the locking mechanism a little so that the magazines don't drop out smoothly. I think the one I bought was kinked before I got it and I didn't know to look for this, while it wasn't really a big deal it was a little annoying. Integral locks are worthless, they probably aren't even enabled by the owners and can be potential cause for operational interference. That is what safes and lock boxes are for.

11. Planet-Ed

Planet-Ed STOP and RTFM

Well I guess you can't believe everything you hear. I just got my Annual Glock Perfection Magazine and there was a full page on the Glock Pistol Lock. It seems NOT all the keys are the same.

So it looks like my CHP instructor was mis-informed about the key. Or they recently changed the key so they are unique.

12. forumpeon

forumpeon Senior Member

found some more info on this:

Optional Internal Lock
    The Glock lock is another item featured in the 2002 Glock Autopistols/Glock Annual. The system resides in the hollow backstrap and comes with two keys. When locked, the magazine release and slide still function but the trigger does not. This allows the gun to be loaded or unloaded while it is locked.

this is courtesy of www.glockfaq.com

13. forumpeon

forumpeon Senior Member

14. Medpilot 2

Medpilot 2 Smkumifyagotum

Anyone know how much Glock will charge to install this on older Glocks?

This sounds like a great idea for anyone with kids in the house.

15. jim301

jim301

I don't think it can be retro fitted on the older glocks

16. Medpilot 2

Dern :(

17. Gabby Hayes

Gabby Hayes

Medpilot2, if you're just looking for a handy way to quickly lock up your Glock, take a look at the Saf-T-Blok [ http://members.aol.com/saftblok/ ]. The mere mention of its name tends to start heated battles here among those who don't like any type of third-party safety mechanism, but as far as a handy way to lock your pistol it might work fine. It's a small plastic block that fits in behind the trigger, preventing the trigger from being pulled until you remove the block. As an added feature, it allows you to insert a small padlock that prevents prying fingers from being able to remove the block. The padlock is, as I recall, a separate purchase, but they're fairly inexpensive. This won't be as handy as a built-in lock, but it won't be intrusive either. Anyway, it won't hurt to look.

18. Medpilot 2

That would work no doubt. I just thought it was cool how the other lock is internal.:)

19. jbrown50

jbrown50

Glock implemented this lock mainly for places like Maryland that require new pistols to have an internal locking mechanism.