close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Glock replacement parts on hand?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pavco330, Jan 2, 2010.

1. pavco330

pavco330

Did some searches but didn't really find answers to what I was looking for...

Wondering if anyone has suggestions on what replacement parts to keep on hand that are most likely to need to be replaced from normal wear and tear?
    Does anyone keep an inventory of new spare parts or have suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. THE COOP

THE COOP

Tha'ts a excellent question, I would also like to know what spare parts to have on hand for a Glock armorer doing light work on Glocks!!! COOP

3. TeddyB

TeddyB

You will notice that Brownells has both upper and lower replacement part kits for Glocks.

With all of the different models I feel it would be foolish to tie up money in any parts inventory when parts are so readily available from multiple sources.

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

For the 2 G19s and the G26, I have an extra set of springs for everything (extractor, firing pin, safety plunger, etc...). Also have an extra extractor, a firing pin/striker and those plastic cups (forgot what they're called). Several mag followers and mag springs. Several recoil springs for both models. Couple of extra NY1 springs.

5. Patchman

Patchman Florist

In normal times you can pretty much get any replacement parts within a week or less. But my inventory is for a serious SHTF. It's like people keeping survival/emergency information, etc... on CD/DVDs or computers. When that SHTF situation arises, there will be no electricity to run computers, or the gov't will cut off all electricity, internet, etc...

6. TH237

TH237

Perhaps a couple of extra trigger springs, an extra slide stop and maybe a set of pins. I cant really think of any thing else you might NEED to keep on hand.

7. Contact

Contact

Readily available is a matter of opinion and one's own set of circumstances. I carry one of my glocks concealed, and my other one will soon be a duty weapon. The parts are readily available, but that still means ordering them and waiting a couple days for them to arrive.

In my crash kit, I have:

Armorers Tool
    Guide rod assembly
    Slide Lock
    Slide Lock Spring
    Slide Stop
    Connector
    Spring Loaded Bearing
    Trigger Spring
    Firing Pin Safety with spring (and one extra spring)
    Firing Pin Spring Cups
    And an extra of all three pins.

There are a couple of parts in there that I have heard of going bad, but I bought some of the other parts simply to have an extra on hand in case I lose it while detail stripping the gun.

I think I picked everything up from Lone Wolf Distributors for less than 50 bucks.

8. Suburban

Suburban

Recoil spring assembly - the springs wear out after a few thousand rounds, and the plastic guide rods are breakable, especially if you goof up when reassembling the pistol.
    Trigger spring - have been known to break on rare occasions.
    Spare frame pins - they're inexpensive, easy to lose in the carpet, and the locking block pins break occasionally.
    Locking block - have been known to break on rare occasions.
    Extractor - a chipped extractor can cause functioning problems.
    Firing pin spring cups - inexpensive, and easy to lose.
    Slide stop lever - the spring is very thin, and will cause problems if you bend it out of shape accidentally.

Except for slides, frames, and firing pins, most parts aren't expensive.

OMB Express has lower parts prices than most places. Sometimes has good prices on mags too.

9. 32dgrz

32dgrz

I told my wife I needed two of each model of Glocks just to be safe :)

10. SCC

SCC just me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have 3 glocks and i try to keep all the part to keep them all up and running ... glock is not open 24/7

11. jack76590

jack76590

If space and weight are not problems I would consider a spare glock. Shoot it just enough to be sure it will work and then put it aside. This way you have a complete spare parts kit, a spare gun to arm another, and no need to quickly figure out what is wrong and repair - just pick up other glock. In a SHTF situation you may not have time to stop and work on a glock, plus you may not have good light etc.

But even in this case I would keep the basic most likely to break spare parts. That way you could hopefully keep both glocks up and running. You would however be able to wait until situation was right to get involved in repairs.

12. pavco330

pavco330

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I have some parts to save up for!

13. lclick

lclick Glockaholic

After shooting Glocks for about 15 years and many thousands of rounds, about the only thing I keep on hand is a couple of extra trigger springs. I always replace the plastic sights with good metal ones and I always have at least one spare Glock. ( I currently have 7 spare Glocks.) That is what works best for me.

14. Wake County Glockman

Wake County Glockman

Spring Cups